Great experience with O&B amplifier

Sugar

Hi - just thought I would share my experience. I was looking for a good amplifier with the right power to drive my demanding Focal Electra 1038 Be speakers. Sitting on the fence for a long time between an imported product and the home grown alternatives, I took the plunge based on some helpful reviews here and connected with Aniket. We had some good discussions on my needs and finalised the DMB2300 Dual Mono Block amp.

I was thrilled when the delivery happened. The packaging was solid. Nothing could have damaged it in transit. It weighs a lot so keep another person with you to lift it out of the box and place it on the rack or shelf.

The finish is lovely and looks very professional. I set it up using a Marantz ND8006 Network streamer / CD player / DAC / Pre amp as the source. I am also using a Project record player with a separate Project phono stage.

Switching it on and after using the XLR connectors, the amp is super silent. It also does not heat up. There is no shortage of power even with these difficult speakers and the sound quality is superb. It sounds as good as the Primare amps on my other system also driving Focal speakers.

Very happy with this investment. This is the system in my home office and so it is used a lot - perpetually on during working hours!

Thanks to Aniket.

Some photos enclosed for fun!

Attachments

• tempImageEGCelO.png
    tempImageEGCelO.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 149
  • tempImageOpeZAG.png
    tempImageOpeZAG.png
    904 KB · Views: 152
  • tempImage2iTBUN.png
    tempImage2iTBUN.png
    774.7 KB · Views: 71
Very good speakers. Was interested in getting them but rarely seen them come up for sale.

Hi - just thought I would share my experience. I was looking for a good amplifier with the right power to drive my demanding Focal Electra 1038 Be speakers. Sitting on the fence for a long time between an imported product and the home grown alternatives, I took the plunge based on some helpful reviews here and connected with Aniket. We had some good discussions on my needs and finalised the DMB2300 Dual Mono Block amp.

I was thrilled when the delivery happened. The packaging was solid. Nothing could have damaged it in transit. It weighs a lot so keep another person with you to lift it out of the box and place it on the rack or shelf.

The finish is lovely and looks very professional. I set it up using a Marantz ND8006 Network streamer / CD player / DAC / Pre amp as the source. I am also using a Project record player with a separate Project phono stage.

Switching it on and after using the XLR connectors, the amp is super silent. It also does not heat up. There is no shortage of power even with these difficult speakers and the sound quality is superb. It sounds as good as the Primare amps on my other system also driving Focal speakers.

Very happy with this investment. This is the system in my home office and so it is used a lot - perpetually on during working hours!

Thanks to Aniket.

How is power output each channel at 8 ohms?

Thanks to Aniket.

Amp look like beast and nice. I think its a class A right?

I am using O&B ss2150 from one year very happy for the purchase. The built quality and sound quality are very good. They are very neutral-sounding and more powerful to drive the speakers. They pair very well with my focal speakers. I paired my focal with rotel power amplifier and preamplifier at the beginning from a friend of mine . After i changed to o&b I found ss2150 has more dynamics and no colouration . Aniket explained me everything and updated me every single time . If I have a chance NeXT time i will defenitly buy 2 mono amp from o&b.

Back