Great vinyl purchase

gangof4

I was lucky to find these two great folk blues boxsets (2LP) on UK label XTRA for couple of pounds on ebay. I am stating nothing new but there is nothing like ebay when it comes to shopping for vinyl. Especially thrilled about the Rural Blues boxset which contains tracks by Blind Willie Johnson, Robert Johnson, Sleepy John Estes, Bukka White, Blind Boy Fuller, Blind Willie McTell and many more great but obscure American folk blues musicians.

Last edited:
hi. i ve been digging ebay for long .
please enlighten all of us about the shipping ? how much did u pay? was this brought from end seller or ebay store?

shipping depends on the seller. as for this i paid 8 pounds for each boxset. i buy from individual sellers.

Really nice buy there!! Congrats :)
I agree with you on Ebay as far as LP's go -there is still some civility left in that section of Ebay and finding some good quality LP's for a reasonable cost is still possible.

But for many other sectors - primarily electronics and photo equipment - Ebay prices are simply crazy! You are more likely to find used camera bodies and lenses going for more than what they cost new on Amazon!!! :confused:

I was lucky to find these two great folk blues boxsets (2LP) on UK label XTRA for couple of pounds on ebay. I am stating nothing new but there is nothing like ebay when it comes to shopping for vinyl. Especially thrilled about the Rural Blues boxset which contains tracks by Blind Willie Johnson, Robert Johnson, Sleepy John Estes, Bukka White, Blind Boy Fuller, Blind Willie McTell and many more great but obscure American folk blues musicians.

Congrats - that is some classic delta blues numbers.

You may also want to try Lead belly, Bo Carter, Elmore James. There are tons of singers but getting good copies of their albums is hard to find.

Re: ebay - i have had mixed results. Some good and in some cases the LPs were terrible and no amount of cleaning fixed the issues.

Really nice buy there!! Congrats :)
I agree with you on Ebay as far as LP's go -there is still some civility left in that section of Ebay and finding some good quality LP's for a reasonable cost is still possible.

But for many other sectors - primarily electronics and photo equipment - Ebay prices are simply crazy! You are more likely to find used camera bodies and lenses going for more than what they cost new on Amazon!!! :confused:

thanks a lot.

Congrats - that is some classic delta blues numbers.

You may also want to try Lead belly, Bo Carter, Elmore James. There are tons of singers but getting good copies of their albums is hard to find.

Re: ebay - i have had mixed results. Some good and in some cases the LPs were terrible and no amount of cleaning fixed the issues.

Leadbelly boxset is right next to the Rural Blues. :) I love Leadbelly. I found some awesome Leadbelly Lps in a record store in Vienna last year. As for Elmore James I almost bought his 'To Know a Man' on Blue Horizon label in that very store in Vienna. Unfortunately some other guy nicked it minutes before me. It was priced at 10 euros which was a steal considering how expensive these Blue Horizon Lps are.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back