Green tinge in my Samsung LCD LA40B530

dasukhija

Hi Folks,

Been over 3 weeks since I bought my Samsung 5 series 40 inch TV. I have a niggling problem

When I play my divx files, it seems some blacks (or maybe whites) are looking green. Is this something that any of you have noticed or fixed? I dont see this problem when watching Tata sky on my AV cables.

I have philips DVP 5996 and use my HDMI cable to connect to Samsung. I didnt seem to have this problem on my CRT. I have played around a lot with the picture settings of both my TV and the DVD player but I cant seem to eliminate this green color. I have moved back to default settings and this problem seems to be there. This problem is a lot lesser on DVDs I guess.

Has anyone noticed such a problem? Or may be I am being over critical? Please let me know. I love this TV and hope there is no real issue with it.

Hi Folks,

Been over 3 weeks since I bought my Samsung 5 series 40 inch TV. I have a niggling problem

When I play my divx files, it seems some blacks (or maybe whites) are looking green. Is this something that any of you have noticed or fixed? I dont see this problem when watching Tata sky on my AV cables.

I have philips DVP 5996 and use my HDMI cable to connect to Samsung. I didnt seem to have this problem on my CRT. I have played around a lot with the picture settings of both my TV and the DVD player but I cant seem to eliminate this green color. I have moved back to default settings and this problem seems to be there. This problem is a lot lesser on DVDs I guess.

Has anyone noticed such a problem? Or may be I am being over critical? Please let me know. I love this TV and hope there is no real issue with it.

usually apart from axxo rips (i assume you download off torrents) many divx movies suffer from poor encoding and often give you bad PQ alogn with poor colours. H264 are slightly better though IMHO.

This may be more to do with the bad quality of files rather than your TV as the problem is non existent while watching tata sky and only crops with your divx files. Also try to reduce the tint to neutral (option present in menu and see if the system is set to PAL).

Also play DVDs of your player through HDMI and see if the problem exists - if it does call samsung service (do not let them open the TV and ask for a replacement) immediately.

is the issue only happening on Divx, what about dvd ? Also have you tried to play different type of files , do all files display the same behavior or only few specific ones .

Try switching the hdmi port to check if u face similar issue.

DVDs are far lesser, however I think its appearing in DVDs too. For instance I was watching my original bought from US JFK DVD, and Kevin Costner's hair in some shots look little greenish instead of brown/black.

Tonight I will check to see this through my RCA cables and not HDMI. As confirmed, there is no problem like that for Tata sky. I will update you guys.

if the issue is happening in playing other content through hdmi cable, like dvds also, it may be a faulty cable, if u have another hdmi cable u can try swapping them and seeing the same JFK dvd again,

also like u said check with RCA if u get similar picture

Hi Guys - I did try with the RCA cable, the greenish tinge did reduce a lot in this. The HDMI is enhancing the colors, so light black or dark blues are getting converted with a little greenish tinge.

Was watching divx last night, for example the seat of the cycle which is black - is looking less greener in RCA than in HDMI. HDMI is filling it with lot more light and flare.

I dont have another HDMI cable to try with, I will get some and try that too. Anyone else facing similar issues?

Hi Guys - I did try with the RCA cable, the greenish tinge did reduce a lot in this. The HDMI is enhancing the colors, so light black or dark blues are getting converted with a little greenish tinge.

Was watching divx last night, for example the seat of the cycle which is black - is looking less greener in RCA than in HDMI. HDMI is filling it with lot more light and flare.

I dont have another HDMI cable to try with, I will get some and try that too. Anyone else facing similar issues?

if its not a cable issue then it soudns like your video card is acting up. Time to call the tech then

Of the DVD player or Samsung LCD? As I said, this problem is not there when I am watching Tata sky.

Of the DVD player or Samsung LCD? As I said, this problem is not there when I am watching Tata sky.

well it could be a fault of the DVD player too.since i once had a problem with a cheap US brand DVD player,couldn't get the colors right no matter with what cables i try.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back