Greetings from Canada

Of course!!! I love all his new remastered vinyl... sounds amazing!

Guys, pick up the Massey Hall Classic 200g vinyl and Sugarmountain also 200g (Japanese vinyl). Not to forget the remasters of his first 4 albums as well.

Nice! I know that NAD was Canadian. I never knew that ALL of these are Canadian. :)

Going by how much these brands are discussed, its only fair that we have Canadian representation in this forum :)

Regards

The Canadian scene also has several other smaller, less advertised manufacturers who offer ultra high fidelity equipment. Most of these are not assembly line produced and require a higher degree of labour. I guess you could say such differences are similar to McDonalds and the family owned restaurant who makes everything fresh from ingredients grown in their own fields.

Chris, if you have some details and links to such manufacturers, it will be wonderful to learn about them. Literally everyday we keep learning about manufactures in countries such as Sweden, The Netherlands, Norway, etc., who make superb equipment in small numbers.

India is a steady and growing market for AV equipment. We are the second largest users of mobile phones in the world, and in sheer numbers I am sure we are also way ahead in AV equipment. More information is always welcome.

Cheers

Chris, if you have some details and links to such manufacturers, it will be wonderful to learn about them.

Hi, I decided to begin a Canadian Manufacturers thread in the "What should I buy?" forum. There are several manufacturers listed subcategoried into what they offer.

Hi Canadian Hi-Fi,
I also think Canada has lots of good products and talent not fully explored and not well represented in the American HiFi magazines namely Stereophile and TAS. So many people do not much know about them.
When I think of Canada names like Totem,Paradigm , Sonic Frontiers, PartExpress come to my mind.
I am sure with your presence on this site we will come to know of many more good names which cannot spend on advertisment but produce outstanding products
Welcome
SKR

Hi Canadian Hi-Fi,
I also think Canada has lots of good products and talent not fully explored and not well represented in the American HiFi magazines namely Stereophile and TAS. So many people do not much know about them.
When I think of Canada names like Totem,Paradigm , Sonic Frontiers, PartExpress come to my mind.
I am sure with your presence on this site we will come to know of many more good names which cannot spend on advertisment but produce outstanding products
Welcome
SKR

Hi, thanks very much for the greetings. I concur about the 'under the radar' assessment of quite a few Canadian hi-fi equipment producers. Some don't have large advertising budgets or simply prefer to put their money into their products.
I work with SAR Labs which produces Worldclass handbuilt amplifiers. The owner has been producing amplifiers for over 40 years and has never relied on advertising but simply word of mouth, although I have encouraged him as of late to place a simple website so it's easier for a wider spectrum of potential customers to learn more about the product line-up.
Thinking back on equipment reviews I've read in TAS and Stereophile there haven't been as many Canadian product reviews as I'd like to see (i.e. the number of companies in existence vs. # of reviews of same). It wouldn't even have to be a full-blown review, just a photoshoot and a paragraph or two about the company line-up - essentially a brief overview. Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing mention of more non-mainstream product which originate from places like the Czech Republic etc if possible.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back