Grey Market Rate for onkyo 606/705?

prasad_dudwaadkar

Hey can someone tell me what are the Grey Market Rates for onkyo 606/705?

FOR MUMBAI ...................

Also post the conact details / address for the same

Thanks a TON ;)

Where is this grey market? Is there any in New Delhi?
Do you get a demo/ test of your equipment before buying? Do you get speakers too in the grey or just the electronics?

regards

Don't waste time on the grey market. There are plenty of good deals on Onkyo equipement to be found in many electronics stores all over India.

As far as I know, Onkyo does not sel through the grey market. You could get Denon or Marantz, about 30% cheaper. But, I am not sure it is worth the risk? Also, teh Onkyo offers a lot of value even for the regular price which might make-up for the savings on a Denon or Marantz.

Cheers!

grey market is the trade of something legal through unofficial, unauthorized, unintended distribution channels.

do you still want to go they grey route?

:eek:

hi
i have used so many Amp yamaha, and marantz from gry mrkt.but i never face any prblm .but i will not sug everyone to do this first i useYamaha450,457 then559 and Denon1905 and Denon 2106 i purches it in only 24000,with bill and wrnt Rs.42000 that time ican afrd i will use this money for spk:)

i think yes ,i never purches from soundout because it cost me more .i alwaya buy it from my 2 friends name Gulam bhai and Hansraj bhai,diffrance btwen soundout and those people is 2000 to 4000. as per value

hi guys ... grey market V/s Auth. Dlrs remind me of the same divide that we have here in North america auth. dlrs charge an arm and leg for the warranty whereas online retailers give you same thing for pennies on dollar but no warranty and before you buy anything you do due deligence check the box it is not damaged or stamped refurb/reconditioned then you got a good deal ... by the way i was amazed at mar 8002 street price 85 k comes close to us (1500 usd) that is gr8...any good source near delhi....thanks and enjoy

hi
i have used so many Amp yamaha, and marantz from gry mrkt.but i never face any prblm .but i will not sug everyone to do this first i useYamaha450,457 then559 and Denon1905 and Denon 2106 i purches it in only 24000,with bill and wrnt Rs.42000 that time ican afrd i will use this money for spk:)

Abhijit I agree that you get good deals in the grey market. But you have to have a reliable supplier with whom you have established some trust. I think you have some merit in your point about the prices. Dealers do mark up prices which seem high but they also have over heads which have to be kept in mind. How can dealers maintain stocks of equipment and speaker setups in sound rooms without some costs?

Is that true about amazon, j&r, b&h, CC, BB, onecall etc?
I think they are equally trustworthy and equally competitive in pricing.
Ebay sellers may be indulging in these practises. On Ebay too there is a customer protection plan.

regards

hi guys ... grey market V/s Auth. Dlrs remind me of the same divide that we have here in North america auth. dlrs charge an arm and leg for the warranty whereas online retailers give you same thing for pennies on dollar but no warranty and before you buy anything you do due deligence check the box it is not damaged or stamped refurb/reconditioned then you got a good deal ... by the way i was amazed at mar 8002 street price 85 k comes close to us (1500 usd) that is gr8...any good source near delhi....thanks and enjoy

Is that true about amazon, j&r, b&h, CC, BB, onecall etc?
I think they are equally trustworthy and equally competitive in pricing.
Ebay sellers may be indulging in these practises. On Ebay too there is a customer protection plan.

regards
See i never dealt with amazon as diffrent sellers diffrent pie...now jr one call all these online retailers they are good as well as bad .....you actually need to talk to a rep before you place your order as sometimes these so called deals happen to be refurbs or b stock but one you have some feedback about them and make sure that you are getting a brand new item then it is good deal...ebay is a hassel if you buy used item ..if it is new and brand new in box and seller cheats you ....yes you get your money back..now i had a comment about dealers and overheads ...the expenses are fixed for grey market and online retailers too and as long as you make a reasonable profit no problems and when you want to kill the golden goose then it is trouble i have in past sometime bought my stuff locally from auth dlrs as long as it makes sense eg in canada pionneer elite 84 in canada was 1700 bucks plus tax in us it was 1000 bucks and 150 to import i paid 1300 bucks plus tax to get local warranty service but if he insisted on 1700 bucks +tax like all others i would not have that...thanks.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back