group test of Stereo amp

sorry sups
have been a bit busy the last fortnight
should get around to do it when i drop my wife to the inlaws though this weekend

sorry sups
have been a bit busy the last fortnight
should get around to do it when i drop my wife to the inlaws though this weekend

Thanks magma for the update. Please do take your time. These things do not happen in a hurry.

Yesterday I listened Nad315 & I found it little better than 326.
I can say that bcos I connected them to same source,spk & found sounding sweat,Dynamic with good treble(326 was soft).Soundstage was better & overall clean.

I listened itube amp(valves) & found depth in sound improved ,vocals were better.
I found 315 too did better job coming little close to itube.

Yesterday I listened Nad315 & I found it little better than 326.
I can say that bcos I connected them to same source,spk & found sounding sweat,Dynamic with good treble(326 was soft).Soundstage was better & overall clean.

I listened itube amp(valves) & found depth in sound improved ,vocals were better.
I found 315 too did better job coming little close to itube.

That's a surprise, though I must say I did not listen to NAD315. Can you please mention the source and speaker as well? Also, was it a demo room or a normal room without any accoustic treatment. Your comment makes me have a look at NAD315, before settling on NAD326.

That's a surprise, though I must say I did not listen to NAD315. Can you please mention the source and speaker as well? Also, was it a demo room or a normal room without any accoustic treatment. Your comment makes me have a look at NAD315, before settling on NAD326.

I heard @ Lakozy with Nad CDp(entry level) & PSB Synchrony BS.
When I demo 326,I found midrange was not clean with same setup.
315 was very free & driving spk freely.
There is only 10w difference & 315 is said to be follower of 3020.

I heard @ Lakozy with Nad CDp(entry level) & PSB Synchrony BS.
When I demo 326,I found midrange was not clean with same setup.
315 was very free & driving spk freely.
There is only 10w difference & 315 is said to be follower of 3020.

Thanks spirovious. May be PSB Synchrony speakers go particularly well with 315 comapared to 326. My experience with 326 + PSB B25 speakers were quite good.

Hi folks,

The PSB Synchrony speakers are better by a couple of notches than their Image series which are also quite good for the price, and the B25 I think is a member of that Image series. The Synchrony should be better in almost all aspects than the B25. It would definitely go better with an amp with more details, more dynamics etc. What Spiro has reported is a bit puzzling, but if true may really indicate the 315 to be better sonically than the 326 (the same may not apply to build quality though). I knew some professional reviewers found the 315 to sound better than the 325 (before 326 came out). Cannot remember where I read that. I used to own a 325, and hence at times I used to read reviews on the net.

Regards.

Hi folks,

I knew some professional reviewers found the 315 to sound better than the 325 (before 326 came out). Cannot remember where I read that. I used to own a 325, and hence at times I used to read reviews on the net.

Regards.

Though I am not professional reviewer,but can make out difference immediately.
315 was more Dyanamic than 326.ie sound had some variety.
I felt live sound with 315 & not that with 326 which has only 10w more.
Pairing with good sensitivity spk, 315will sound well.(you save 3 to 4k)

Hi folks,

The PSB Synchrony speakers are better by a couple of notches than their Image series which are also quite good for the price, and the B25 I think is a member of that Image series. The Synchrony should be better in almost all aspects than the B25. It would definitely go better with an amp with more details, more dynamics etc. What Spiro has reported is a bit puzzling, but if true may really indicate the 315 to be better sonically than the 326 (the same may not apply to build quality though). I knew some professional reviewers found the 315 to sound better than the 325 (before 326 came out). Cannot remember where I read that. I used to own a 325, and hence at times I used to read reviews on the net.

Regards.

@Asit. You are right. B25 is from the Image series speakers. I have never heard the synchrony speakers, but after reading your post I will definitely have a listen before I chose my speakers.

By the way, any idea of the pricing of synchrony speakers? Image B25 is about 26K.

The larger Synchrony Bookshelves are close to a lakh from the quote they gave me over the phone - very different price point from the Image

By the way, any idea of the pricing of synchrony speakers? Image B25 is about 26K.

Hi sups,

The Synchrony series would start way above any of the Image speakers. The PSB Imagine series is just below the Synchrony series, and already the Imagine bookshelf is USD 1000 for a pair, that would be comfortably above 50-60K in India. I have no idea about the India pricing of Synchrony bookshelf speakers (safely above 75K, I'd think for the lower priced ones, there are two varieties of Synchrony BS speakers). Why don't you call up Lakozy? One would noramlly pair a Synchrony with a better amp.

Regards.

Note added later: After my post I saw Jai's post and it goes well with my estimate. The larger Synchrony BS are priced around USD 2000, I think, and the smaller ones at USD 1500 or so.

Last edited:
please look at the new image series releases
they are all rear ported now and use the tech filtered down from their expensive cousins
Im betting you will like them

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back