Guidance and Support on Screen Size

Currywurst

Hi All,

My HT room is 26x16.. and I have a fixed enclosure on the rear wall to house the Projector.. current shortlist is epson 7100..

can folks provide guidance on the screen size minimum screen size required for the above setup..

also any contacts to get the best rate for both the projector and screen.. fixed frame is going to be expensive so pull down is being considered..location is Bangalore..

Attaching a view of the enclosure on the wall.. and the front.. kindly ignore all the clutter..

Attachments

• EE40F497-853A-480A-8C1E-EB0BF17EB45B.jpeg
    EE40F497-853A-480A-8C1E-EB0BF17EB45B.jpeg
    339.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 36F8E962-0C0C-440C-905B-D2FC24B8E33A.jpeg
    36F8E962-0C0C-440C-905B-D2FC24B8E33A.jpeg
    205.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 5362D81B-5B2B-4FCE-B6BF-E8D978B33F9F.jpeg
    5362D81B-5B2B-4FCE-B6BF-E8D978B33F9F.jpeg
    305.9 KB · Views: 66
Just adding on.. I am told by a dealer contact that I need a 165’’ screen.. with a quote for 90k for Elite Fixed Frame.. budget is 30-40k for screen..

What seating distance from the screen are you planning?
Go for a DIY fixed screen with wood framing and spandex cloth.
I have a 150 inch spandex screen and couldn't be happier. Seating distance 14 feet.
Consider paint as well.

This looks like a dedicated room.
Please use dark non reflective paint for the ceiling and walls.
For the walls, you could also do dark velvet curtains or cloth.

Hi All,

My HT room is 26x16.. and I have a fixed enclosure on the rear wall to house the Projector.. current shortlist is epson 7100..

can folks provide guidance on the screen size minimum screen size required for the above setup..

also any contacts to get the best rate for both the projector and screen.. fixed frame is going to be expensive so pull down is being considered..location is Bangalore..

Attaching a view of the enclosure on the wall.. and the front.. kindly ignore all the clutter..
Screen size depends on that viewing distance and your size preference.
40-45° angle of view is a sweet spot.

What seating distance from the screen are you planning?
Go for a DIY fixed screen with wood framing and spandex cloth.
I have a 150 inch spandex screen and couldn't be happier. Seating distance 14 feet.
Consider paint as well.

This looks like a dedicated room.
Please use dark non reflective paint for the ceiling and walls.
For the walls, you could also do dark velvet curtains or cloth.
Screen size depends on that viewing distance and your size preference.
40-45° angle of view is a sweet spot.
I have planned 2 Row seating with the first around 10-11Feet and the next at 18-19 feet..

while I have thought about DIY.. just not sure I will be able to pull it out to reflect a professional setup..

projector central throw calculator for TW7100 equivalent US 3800 indicates for a throw distance of 22.8 Feet.. minimum 148’’ so 150 is minimum and that is with using the telephoto setting to full..

need a view that the sizing is right and I won’t have picture overflow on 150 inch screen..

I have planned 2 Row seating with the first around 10-11Feet and the next at 18-19 feet..

while I have thought about DIY.. just not sure I will be able to pull it out to reflect a professional setup..

projector central throw calculator for TW7100 equivalent US 3800 indicates for a throw distance of 22.8 Feet.. minimum 148’’ so 150 is minimum and that is with using the telephoto setting to full..

need a view that the sizing is right and I won’t have picture overflow on 150 inch screen..
17-18 feet should be around the recomended thx viewing angle for a 165 inch screen.
why are you using a throw distance of 22.8 feet? considering your room is 26 feet?
is you enclosure 3 feet long?

17-18 feet should be around the recomended thx viewing angle for a 165 inch screen.
why are you using a throw distance of 22.8 feet? considering your room is 26 feet?
is you enclosure 3 feet long?
I measured it multiple times now.. and the distance from the rear to front is about 24 feet.. assuming I take one or 2 inches inside the enclosure as the starting point of the lens.. then the throw distance is 22.7~8.. I should have updated the first post apologies..

As per calculations it has to be 148~150’’ screen size as minimum.. I prefer that as well.. how do I confirm that there will not be any image spillover.. before the actual install..
Have folks heard and used tono screens.. any comparison with elite.. Fixed Frames

Hi All,

You have a huge room I must say so I would just not mind the extra cost for the screen if I were you. Being frugal in these things will just take away the experience for what it is worth. You can always earn or save that money back and so just go for the absolutely best possible solution when you have all other things in place. You should not get an itch or craving to buy or upgrade it later after spending 30k -40k on it.

You have a huge room I must say so I would just not mind the extra cost for the screen if I were you. Being frugal in these things will just take away the experience for what it is worth. You can always earn or save that money back and so just go for the absolutely best possible solution when you have all other things in place. You should not get an itch or craving to buy or upgrade it later after spending 30k -40k on it.
I have a quote for Elite 150inch at between 42-45K from different vendors.. another from a company called clite screens for 31K both fixed frame 150.. someone is expected to give a quote on a company called Liberty by tomorrow.. any guidance on how these screens compare..

I have a quote for Elite 150inch at between 42-45K from different vendors.. another from a company called clite screens for 31K both fixed frame 150.. someone is expected to give a quote on a company called Liberty by tomorrow.. any guidance on how these screens compare..
chose Elite over liberty screen PRO. liberty also sells grandview in india but their price is much higher

Thanks.. between 7100 and 9400.. which one should I go for..

Could our experts share some light on..

What are the main additions that 9400 brings in that are lacking and justify the additional spend..

Thanks.. between 7100 and 9400.. which one should I go for..

Could our experts share some light on..

What are the main additions that 9400 brings in that are lacking and justify the additional spend..
7100 contrast ratio is 100000:1 just above 6700 model.while 9400 it's 1200000:1
9400 has different lens mechanism all together ..
It depends on the budget but getting 7100 is tough for some more months as manufacturing has taken a hit

With 7100 within short period of time you will start feeling upgrade itch but with 9400 it can rest for 4-5yrs atleast.difference is about 60 k minimum.

Just adding on.. I am told by a dealer contact that I need a 165’’ screen.. with a quote for 90k for Elite Fixed Frame.. budget is 30-40k for screen..
[/QUO
I got elite screen 150" fixed frame but with black aluminium border( commercial) not the velvette border for 37.5 from Bangalore . screen material specifications is all same as regular only the border different .gain 1.1
With 22 ft distance there won't be any spill over mine is 16.7 for 150"

Thank You Girish.. moving ahead with the 9400 and Elite Fixed Frame 150..

However the 3700 is out of my budget.. I have a mint condition x2000 never used.. going for a newer AVR cos of 4K.. etc.. there is the S950.. concerned on warranty cos profx says other vendors can’t provide warranty.. Denon is different only we can etc.. spa lil confused.. I see a website called Vplak quoting 56K.. and further 3K doing online offer.. otherwise the best quote I have is 64K..

Thank You Girish.. moving ahead with the 9400 and Elite Fixed Frame 150..

However the 3700 is out of my budget.. I have a mint condition x2000 never used.. going for a newer AVR cos of 4K.. etc.. there is the S950.. concerned on warranty cos profx says other vendors can’t provide warranty.. Denon is different only we can etc.. spa lil confused.. I see a website called Vplak quoting 56K.. and further 3K doing online offer.. otherwise the best quote I have is 64K..
3600 h is still available in the market.its a better choice no need to upgrade as it has almost all current features .3700 only 8 k compitable waste of money if not go for 2600 it's little underpowered

I have a similar sized room and I have placed the PJ at 17'. The farther back it is the lower the brightness

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back