Guidance Needed on Klipsch Home Theatre

suveerpatil

Hi,

We have recently built a home and in which we have a dedicated Home Theater room on the 3rd floor of the house. It is measuring about 16*11ft.
Please check the attached photos.
Wiring is done for 7.1 (Used Hi quality copper wires, projector point is provided in ceiling).
Now we are looking to buy Home Theater system (5.1 or 7.1)

We had auditioned Bose Home Theatre system and of Klipsch Reference rf-62 systems.

I'm happy with both the systems but the Klipsch one looks more professional in a Home theatre compared to Bose.

I have got the quotation from Cinebels, Bangalore and they are quoting around 3.5 Lakhs which includes wiring as well with DENON AVR X 2000 receiver.

The same one in US costs about $2499 i.e. Rs 1.5 lakhs.
I'm travelling to US next month, I can buy it from there only. Now the headache is about the shipping.

Please let me know how can I ship it from US and get it connected at home. I can spend upto 50k for shipping.

I have the below questions

1. Is the Klipsch which I mentioned is the good one? If not
2. Please suggest me a Good Professional Home theater system under 2 lakhs (Projector, Receiver, Speakers, Screen)
3. What about the Bose Home Theater System.
4. Best way to get the Home Theater system from USA (Considering Shipping cost)
5. Some of my friends are suggesting me to configure it from Speaker Babu (SP Road, Bangalore) and also telling me to go for WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 10.6 (Wharfedale Diamond 10.6 Floorstanding Home Theatre 5.1 Package + AV Receiver)

I do not have much idea on this...So please guide me
Suggestions Appreciated.... :clapping:

Attachments

• IMG_20131024_081751.jpg
    IMG_20131024_081751.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20131024_081802.jpg
    IMG_20131024_081802.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20131024_081840.jpg
    IMG_20131024_081840.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20130924_103039.jpg
    IMG_20130924_103039.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 68
1. Klipsch is a great HT brand and is a good choice if you have the budget.
2. The wharfedales you mentioned are also good speakers. You must audition both and decide what you like. You must play the movies/music at volume levels that suit your listening tastes/environment.
3. There are many dealers in Bangalore. Try Music Ranch, Jayanagar 4th Block, HTstore.in (JP nagar) and other such. You can also audition Polk audio at Profx.
4. With projectors, technologies like DLP, LCD etc exist. Brands like Epson, Optoma, Benq, Jvc, Sony are popular for home theaters.
5. Acoustic treatment is also important in a dedicated room. Many threads here talk about this.
6. Take one thing at a time, audition, post your impressions here and decide. Do not hurry.

Thanks for your reply. Sure will audition before buying any. btw thanks for the dealers which you had mentioned, those are near to my office. Will audition there and post the reviews here soon.
I'm having plans to buy HT at least after 3-6 months as I'm travelling by this month end.
Hope will get guidance from other fellow members on this thread.

Guide me also on the good projector which I can get it from US directly. my budget is between 500 - 600$ (3D Compatible)

Hi suveerpatil

Well I would recommend that you don't go in for Bose as they do not make them like they used to in the 80s and 90s. There are a lot of speakers available with Home Theatre dealers which may sound good or look good...first rule is to ensure that they are capable of handling most or all frequencies between 20hz - 20khz. Secondly the sensitivity needs to be at 88db / 89db ..the higher it is the better it will perform putting less stress on the amplifier...Speakers need to perform across all stated frequencies and even handle sudden outburst of sounds / effects properly.....The heart of any home theatre is the Centre speaker and the subwoofer...the rest of the speakers (fronts / rears / surrounds) are just passengers to provide support and effects...

Most of the branded AVR manufacturers today just want to compete with each other and claim to have more output at a certain ohms load....mind it....some of these so called claimed outputs are at 1khz only and not all frequencies.....

AV Receiver and Amplifier Power Ratings Trends: How and Why Wattage Ratings are Manipulated | Audioholics

Few companies like Marantz, NAD, Cambridge audio have maintained the build and sound performance quality...if you are looking at hearing good music or enjoying concerts or movies...you need to perhaps consider one of these brands...

Marantz SR series should meet your requirements, you could look at B&W CM series 1 or 5 or 9 or even the 600 series........there are tons of reviews and videos on the internet to help you to see , hear and decide.....end of the day its what appeals to you and your wallet.......don't rush...do more window shopping and take a proper decision.....

Hope this helps

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back