Guidance needs to buy a Amplifier

surithebest

Hi Friends,

My plan is to buy a HiFi HTS. So I would like to buy a good amplifier ranges from 15,000 to 25,000. After reading some magazines I came across that "NAD C320BEE" is the best option with 2 ch output. But what about Denon AVR 1508 amp with a 7.1 ch output. Now I have to choose between these two amps of 2 ch of NAD C325BEE or 5 ch of Denon AVR 1508. If i buy a 5.1 ch receiver then i can add some more speakers in the future course of time.Pls give ur comments.Also I have to buy a DVD player of either Sony or Pioneer for 5-8k which suits for the HTS.
My speaker considerations are Sonodyne Sonus 2605 v2, & Wharfdale's Diamond 9 series. My budget is below 55k. Right now I'm having a Sony's Bravia 32 inch LCD TV. I'm staying in TamilNadu and very nearby to Pondicherry(Puducherry), I can buy the product either in chennai or pondicherry. Only quality matters rather than look. Please give me your guidance for both the Amp and Speakers. I hear most of A R Rahman songs and hindustani of Jasraj. So it's for music rather than movies.

Many Many Thanks for all the Repliers.

Last edited:
I have owned couple of Nad amps before. The C320bee and C350. They are quite good decent entry into hifi. Avoid AV (muiltichannel) receivers if your application is 2-channel. Keep it simple and you will get some good sound.

How much does the concerto gold cost ? I wonder how norge amplifiers compare with Nad, CA etc....

Last edited:
With regard to speakers, the jamo 408 are floorstanders, and not of the same level of quality as the wharfedale diamond 9.1s which are standmounts. The Sonodyne also should be about the level of quality as the Jamo.

What kind of music do you listen to?

Hi Friends,

My plan is to buy a HiFi HTS. So I would like to buy a good amplifier ranges from 15,000 to 25,000. After reading some magazines I came across that "Norge's concerto gold 1000" amp is a best option to buy a low cost amp and "NAD C320BEE" is the other option for High cost. But what about Denon 1508 amp with a 7.1 ch output.
When we come to speakers, I read that the Wharfdale's Diamond 9.1 speakers are good in performance. Also read somewhere that the combination of Norge concerto gold 1000 with Wharfdale's diamond 9.1 is a good option. My speaker considerations are Sonodyne Sonus 2605 v2, Jamo's s408 & Wharfdale's Diamond 9.1.

Pls give ur opinion abt a perfect match of amp with speaker.

Then what is meant by receiver and what is the difference between an amp and a receiver. My budget is below 50k. Right now I'm having a Sony's Bravia 32 inch LCD TV. I'm staying in TamilNadu and very nearby to Pondicherry(Puducherry), I can buy the product either in chennai or pondicherry. Only quality matters rather than look. Please give me your guidance for both the Amp and Speakers.

Hi Friends,

My plan is to buy a HiFi HTS. So I would like to buy a good amplifier ranges from 15,000 to 25,000. After reading some magazines I came across that "Norge's concerto gold 1000" amp is a best option to buy a low cost amp and "NAD C320BEE" is the other option for High cost. But what about Denon 1508 amp with a 7.1 ch output.
When we come to speakers, I read that the Wharfdale's Diamond 9.1 speakers are good in performance. Also read somewhere that the combination of Norge concerto gold 1000 with Wharfdale's diamond 9.1 is a good option. My speaker considerations are Sonodyne Sonus 2605 v2, Jamo's s408 & Wharfdale's Diamond 9.1.

Pls give ur opinion abt a perfect match of amp with speaker.

Then what is meant by receiver and what is the difference between an amp and a receiver. My budget is below 50k. Right now I'm having a Sony's Bravia 32 inch LCD TV. I'm staying in TamilNadu and very nearby to Pondicherry(Puducherry), I can buy the product either in chennai or pondicherry. Only quality matters rather than look. Please give me your guidance for both the Amp and Speakers.

Hi:

Welcome to the forum Suri !

The products you mentioned above are all good except the Denon for a 2-channel setup. I might add Cambridge Audio and Marantz here as well (budget ones). So, my consideration for a 2-channel setup would be something like this:

1. NAD (320BEE/315BEE) + Wharfedale Diamond 9.1
2. Marantz (PM4001/CD5002) + Wharfedale Diamond 9.1
3. CA (340ASE/340C) + Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

All the above products you can get for a great bargain price here in Chennai.

PS - Sadly I could not help you on the other products you mentioned coz I haven't heard them. Denon PMA 700AE is good for music though.

Thanks you for your reply

Code:
With regard to speakers, the jamo 408 are floorstanders, and not of the same level of quality as the wharfedale diamond 9.1s which are standmounts. The Sonodyne also should be about the level of quality as the Jamo. 

What kind of music do you listen to?

I'll hear more music of any A R Rahman songs and Hindustani of Jasraj rather than movies. But i don't know whether 5.1 is good or 2.1 is good for that. Which one is good 2.1 or 5.1 on your opinion Psychotropic. Whether I go for Wharfale diamond(11K) or Sonodyne sonus(24k)....

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply

Code:
I have owned couple of Nad amps before. The C320bee and C350. They are quite good decent entry into hifi. Avoid AV (muiltichannel) receivers if your application is 2-channel. Keep it simple and you will get some good sound.

How much does the concerto gold cost ? I wonder how norge amplifiers compare with Nad, CA etc....

Concerto gold's price is 11000 rs, but it's for entry level amp. Denon 1508 is 7.1 ch and Nad c325bee is 2 ch output. So which one can i opt for. Which one will give me the optimistic result. I am also have a future plan of adding some more speakers in the future if the amp output is 5.1. But if Nad c325bee 2 ch gives a sufficient pleasing music then its sufficient for me. I just want to hear a good music rather than more sound. But I don't have sound knowledge onthe music of 2.1 or 5.1 amps or speakers.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply

Hi:

Code:
Welcome to the forum Suri !

The products you mentioned above are all good except the Denon for a 2-channel setup. I might add Cambridge Audio and Marantz here as well (budget ones). So, my consideration for a 2-channel setup would be something like this:

1. NAD (320BEE/315BEE) + Wharfedale Diamond 9.1
2. Marantz (PM4001/CD5002) + Wharfedale Diamond 9.1
3. CA (340ASE/340C) + Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

All the above products you can get for a great bargain price here in Chennai.

PS - Sadly I could not help you on the other products you mentioned coz I haven't heard them. Denon PMA 700AE is good for music though.

I can go for your first option with NAD C320BEE with Wharfale Diamond 9.1 but whether this 2 ch is sufficient for the good music or 5.1 is needed. If 2.1 is sufficient means then what is the cost of those two products and where can i get them in chennai. What is your opinion about Sonodyne Sonus 2605v2.
Sonodyne is an Indian product and Wharfale Diamond is an British product. Pls go through the website: http://www.usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/3639.asp
I am also having the idea of adding some more speakers on the future course. So right now I'm in the confusion of choosing between 2 ch and 5.1 ch and also on the NAD C320BEE and Denon 1508. What is your opinion about Denon.... Can it give the nice music like NAD C320BEE

Last edited:
I'm staying in TamilNadu and very nearby to Pondicherry(Puducherry), I can buy the product either in chennai or pondicherry. Only quality matters rather than look. Please give me your guidance for both the Amp and Speakers. I hear most of A R Rahman songs and hindustani of Jasraj. So it's for music rather than movies.

Given the budget and your tastes in music, why don't you go and audition Craftel speakers and amplifiers from Audiocraft? They will be a good fit for two channel amplification.

Cheers

Preowned is another route you should consider. Plenty of amps for sale in this forum and some are closer to ur budget.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back