Gustard X26 Pro DAC

muralimmreddy

Any one owns gustard x26 pro DAC or listened to this DAC? Currently own Metrum Amethyst (R2R) dac looking for a neutral sigma-delta dac.

RME ADI2 FS is high on my list, but gustard seems like great DAC as well. Appreciate any feedback.

Any one owns gustard x26 pro DAC or listened to this DAC? Currently own Metrum Amethyst (R2R) dac looking for a neutral sigma-delta dac.

RME ADI2 FS is high on my list, but gustard seems like great DAC as well. Appreciate any feedback.
Gustard X26 Pro has some very good reviews and comments on Forums.
I just bought a Gustard U18 interface or DDC, and it’s really very good. It will improve sound quality of any DAC by 15 to 20% appx.
Even if you buy X 26 Pro , the U 18 will improve the sound further.

I just bought a Gustard U18 interface or DDC, and it’s really very good. It will improve sound quality of any DAC by 15 to 20% appx.
@SKR, should I buy Gustard U18 and add it to my existing CA dac as I don't understand what an interface or DDC is or is Gustard U18 a stand alone dac?

@SKR, should I buy Gustard U18 and add it to my existing CA dac as I don't understand what an interface or DDC is or is Gustard U18 a stand alone dac?
Its a digital to digital reclocker cum converter
Its not a standalone dac.
Would be between your source and dac

I have two DACs. One is EXA Sound from Canada and the other is Topping D90 SE.
By adding Gustard U 18 I have improved performance of both these DACs substantially.
Does you DAC have inputs like XLR , RCA or I2s. If these inputs are there than you can add U18 between your source and DAC and it will improve performance of your existing DAC.
How good and how old is your existing CA DAC, I don’t know.
You can call me if you want.
Mobile:9971654401
Santosh.

DDC improves the digital signal coming from your source. It removes all the jitters etc and feed a pure signal to your DAC thereby improving performance of your DAC

I have two DACs. One is EXA Sound from Canada and the other is Topping D90 SE.
By adding Gustard U 18 I have improved performance of both these DACs substantially.
Does you DAC have inputs like XLR , RCA or I2s. If these inputs are there than you can add U18 between your source and DAC and it will improve performance of your existing DAC.
How good and how old is your existing CA DAC, I don’t know.
You can call me if you want.
Mobile:9971654401
Santosh.
Wonderful talking to you Sir. You may not remember, I have visited your house and listened to your Avant garde and Nagra gear. The sound still haunts me in a room size of 500sqft.

Thanks @SKR for your reply. Indeed all the review were outstanding (https://soundnews.net/sources/dacs/gustard-x26-pro-dac-review/ this one stands out). I already have "ifi zen streamer", which claims "USB and S/PDIF interfaces regulated by femto-precision GMT clock to eradicate jitter. Wonder one would still benefit from a DDC

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back