Guys,Please help me......connection problem !!

subro99

Dear All,

Need your tips here......:rolleyes:

On what exactly i am doing wrong !!..............:sad::sad:

Its been more than a year that i am watching my panasonic T42E6D in my living room. And it has been more than 2 years that i am listening FM radio on Yamaha AVR on 2 channels in my bed room....:indifferent14::indifferent14:

Finally, i awakened :):):)(as budhha enlightened me in my dreams and told me what a waste of audio resources !!) and decided to hear the sound of "avatar" bluray on my avr.

So i looked at my panny from the back side but it didn't look as sexy as from the front......!! :p:p Why? Because there was no analogue audio output. Neither there is any headphone jack to draw the output......:sad::sad:

So i connected one end of HDMI cable to Panasonic socket known as HDMI2 (audio return channel is written on it) and the other to HDMI1 output of AVR.
After switching on nothing happened.

I then connected an optical cable for both ends, but nothing happened. Played with the two remotes as well in their individual set up menus, but again, nothing happened....:confused:

What am i doing wrong here.My gears are, 42E6D television, Sony s5100 bluray player (in fact i have 2,one is spare..!!) and yamaha aventage rxa-2000 as my avr. But my ears are drawn towards two home made FL cabinets and bibin's drivers.

Thanks in advance.

Dear All,

Need your tips here......:rolleyes:

On what exactly i am doing wrong !!..............:sad::sad:

Its been more than a year that i am watching my panasonic T42E6D in my living room. And it has been more than 2 years that i am listening FM radio on Yamaha AVR on 2 channels in my bed room....:indifferent14::indifferent14:

Finally, i awakened :):):)(as budhha enlightened me in my dreams and told me what a waste of audio resources !!) and decided to hear the sound of "avatar" bluray on my avr.

So i looked at my panny from the back side but it didn't look as sexy as from the front......!! :p:p Why? Because there was no analogue audio output. Neither there is any headphone jack to draw the output......:sad::sad:

So i connected one end of HDMI cable to Panasonic socket known as HDMI2 (audio return channel is written on it) and the other to HDMI1 output of AVR.
After switching on nothing happened.

I then connected an optical cable for both ends, but nothing happened. Played with the two remotes as well in their individual set up menus, but again, nothing happened....:confused:

What am i doing wrong here.My gears are, 42E6D television, Sony s5100 bluray player (in fact i have 2,one is spare..!!) and yamaha aventage rxa-2000 as my avr. But my ears are drawn towards two home made FL cabinets and bibin's drivers.

Thanks in advance.

Bro,
From what you have written, it seems you have connected the HDMI cable wrongly. Instead of connecting to the AVR OUTPUT, it should be connected to the HDMI input of the AVR for the signal to go to the AVR. This applies to any connections from the source to the AVR (source output to input of AVR and not vice versa).

Please check the connections once again and make sure you've got it right.
All the best.

Last edited:
You need to connect the blu ray player hdmi out to avr hdmi in and the avr hdmi out to the the hdmi in of the TV.
This is just one way to connecting, there are other ways as well.

Kestrel5915 is right....
Make sure TV ARC is connected to AVR ARC to have a two way communication for audio.

Thank you friends for showing me the way. But I have a question. I just want the audio through the avr. I guess the Danny does Better video processing than the yammy. Just because panny was born in 2014 while the Yamaha is 2010 model. Moreover, Sony s5100 is known for its picture quality. Another issue is by default, the videocon set top box is directly going to tv. Occasionally I would like to hear set top box sound from avr also......:p

Plus, the arc word is written on hdmi output of avr but not on input side.......:mad:

Sorry for such silly questions. And why is it that optical output from tv is also not responding. These days they don't provide analogue output or headphone jacks, at least life would have been easier.....:sad:

Hi,

Try this ..

The HDMI connections goes like this.

Sony BD player to AV1 of Yamaha AVR
HDMI out 1 of yamaha to the ARC ready input of Panasonic.
Also your Videocon DTH to AV2 of Yamaha
This should work,but the following setting in panny, sony,yammy to be checked
The viera link in panasonic tv should be "ON"
The AV1 input ' s decode mode should be in HDMI ( can be checked from the option setup or HDMI setup of AVR
Yamaha has got the most versatile ARC settings, where you can assign any input to function as ARC , also any of the 2 HDMI output can he assigned to receive ARC from TV .
So check the setting in the ARC HDMI setup of yamaha and make sure its ON, assigned to HDMI out 1, and also reconfirm the input ( say TV, av3,av4 ..etc .) to which ARC is assigned.

Thank you friends for showing me the way. But I have a question. I just want the audio through the avr. I guess the Danny does Better video processing than the yammy. Just because panny was born in 2014 while the Yamaha is 2010 model. Moreover, Sony s5100 is known for its picture quality. Another issue is by default, the videocon set top box is directly going to tv. Occasionally I would like to hear set top box sound from avr also......:p

Plus, the arc word is written on hdmi output of avr but not on input side.......:mad:

Sorry for such silly questions. And why is it that optical output from tv is also not responding. These days they don't provide analogue output or headphone jacks, at least life would have been easier.....:sad:

If your avr supports you can connect like stb hdmi out to avr in, player out to avr in and hdmi out of avr to hdmi arc in of TV. If avr supports, you can get signal to TV from stb keeping avr in standby mode. If you want to use optical cable for audio out from TV, please change settings in TV itself for audio to external speakers.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back