Harbeth P3ESR

rikhav

I happened to hear the Harbeth P3ESR speakers at a friend’s place very recently. The first thing which struck me was the size of the speaker. We are always used to seeing huge sized Harbeth speakers. The smaller size of these makes it very apt for smaller rooms

It was connected to a Marantz PM11S2 amplifier and a YBA Cd player.

The overall tonality of the speakers is very life like and natural. I think that’s what every Harbeth strives for. I understand it won’t appeal to all and that’s expected but if I compare it with live unamplified concerts , the sound was on those lines having a very realistic soundstage and life like tonality of the vocals. But at the same time it was not typically rolled off, it just has the right amount of sparkle to make it sound more near to a natural sound

The bass was adequate specially for its size and then when one reads the spec sheet it feels it does much better then what it specifications say. There was right amount of body to the overall sound. No earth shattering bass which can’t be also expected for its size but it did not sound lean at all

Any kind of small ensemble music with vocals would be very enjoying to hear on these speakers for its very natural tonality

I am keeping my views short as its best to experience the sound by your own ears because that’s the ultimate test

IMG_20180726_111259.jpgIMG_20180726_111306.jpgIMG_20180726_111325.jpg

Harbeth P3ESR is the best Harbeth speaker today. Least coloured and appropriately dynamic.
My dream retirement system would be a tabletop system with the P3ESR,a reasonably dynamic integrated amplifier with phono ( tube or solid state) , a NOS DAC (with any music player) , and an entry/mid level turntable.
Cheers

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back