Has anyone heard speakers from www.corrson.com

as per my knowledge AEs & Dynes sound best with a good quality/high power amps. I've listened to them with Arcam, Plinius & Bryston Ele & I never felt they were inferior. In Dynes, Focus series is also a nice model & close to contour sound.

regarding Dynes (52) , it depend on what amps you have heard them with.
with an inferior amp or an amp which is not meant for it it can sound horrible (why the dynes..thats true for any speaker). but give it a good matching amp and it can sound really great.
They have a good midrange and surprising amount of bass although their treble may lack that additional sparkle.
i guess 42s are much more forgiving of partnering components than the 52s. of course the Cntours are in a different league.

Hi Helium,
I do not have much experience with the TC series from Corrson. They are the entry level line from them. They use some high end drivers from Vifa and knowing the designer very well, I am sure they will sound just fine. I cannot do a direct comparison between them and other speakers because I have not done it myself.
If you are serious about AP/Corrson, you should be looking their MS series or even the higher models that come with scanspeak drivers. They will easily beat the audience series and the 600 series from B&W across the spectrum. In fact comparing the scan speak driver models with the above mentioned speakers is unimaginable.
I agree with Arj that with the right kind of amplification, cabling (read expensive), the audience speakers can sound good. I am not a fan of the dyna audience voicing hence stay clear of them. The contour speakers are good.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back