Hathway Broadband launches Docsis 3.0 Ultra High speed network in Banglaore 50Mbps

Dushie

Hi All,
Got a pamphlet in the newspaper that Hathaway has launches Docsis 3.0 Ultra High speed network. Speeds upto 50 Mbps. This is something that i have never experienced at home, though used to in office.

Called the representative today and have placed a request for installation.

Paid Rs 1000 as installation and for 3 months upfront. Total came around Rs 4.5k

They were asking 1k refundable security deposit for router, which i refused as i have a router at home.

Plan Name Speed FUP(monthly)Speed after FUP 3 months 6 months 12 months
HD Stream 1 50 Mbps 25 GB 512 kbps 2199 4199 7999
HD Stream 2 50 Mbps 40 GB 512 kbps 2999 5699 10999
HD Stream 3 50 Mbps 75 GB 512 kbps 4499 8599 16299

I have gone for the 40 GB plan for starters, will see how it goes and upgrade later on. Eagerly waiting for installation to happen in next couple of days ... wow finally we have broken the speed barrier for broadband at home, what a jump from 10 to 50 Mbps.

Last edited:
Re: Hathway Broadband launches Docsis 3.0 Ultra High speed network in Banglaore 50Mbp

In my opinion, having 512 Kbps after FUP goes completely against the point of having 50 Mbps. Needless to say, the difference between 50 Mbps and 512 kbps is so vast that once its over, you are back to square one.

For a power user, 25 or 40 GB isnt really sufficient. If they gave an FUP of 50-70 GB at a reasonable price, it would be a big hit.

Re: Hathway Broadband launches Docsis 3.0 Ultra High speed network in Banglaore 50Mbp

In my opinion, having 512 Kbps after FUP goes completely against the point of having 50 Mbps. Needless to say, the difference between 50 Mbps and 512 kbps is so vast that once its over, you are back to square one.

For a power user, 25 or 40 GB isnt really sufficient. If they gave an FUP of 50-70 GB at a reasonable price, it would be a big hit.

Well i would be moving shortly to the 70 GB plan next quarter. Which will cost Rs 1500+ tax and post FUP will have speed of 1 Mbps.

For now the performance and speeds are awesome and it feels great to be on one of the fastest networks in India, for home use. The experience is definitely worth it.

Here is something for folks to see and enjoy :)

3425236539.png

Last edited:

Getting good clarity(full HD) on Netfiix with Hathway?

50 Mbps to 512 Kbps ... Oh!! That's really really vast difference. Even the 70GB plan you mentioned is also having the difference (to 1 Mbps). Is ACT not better than this?

Dunno about ACT, do they give 50 Mbps as they do not provide service in my area.I am happy with the 40 GB limit as it is sufficient for me for now, would upgrade to 70 gb later on. Speed and performance is top notch. Did a windows upgrade from 8 to 8.1 in under 4 minutes.

Also looking at going for a dual wan router for load balancing and fail over.

Here is something for folks to see and enjoy :)
YJ6z1WL.png

I am happy with the 40 GB limit as it is sufficient for me for now, would upgrade to 70 gb later on.
If you are streaming Netflix in HD, you will consume 40GB very soon :)

If you are streaming Netflix in HD, you will consume 40GB very soon :)

No worries now, finally i took the plunge was contemplating for many years.
Bought a TPlink R470T+ dual wan load balancing router and have taken one more 2 Mbps unlimited connection from my previous provider. Now using both together so no worries of FUP and speed is good. Pretty happy with the performance of the same. Now i have redundancy, fail over and 24x7 internet.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back