HD 20 optoma - urgent help required

Hi,

I had decided to buy a pj after watching a full movie at vinay's home theater at Mumbai, which was reinforced by the visit to santosh, srini, santhol2, subu's home theaters. The credit goes to you from the bottom of my heart.

the pq of hd 20 is awesome.

cheers:yahoo:

With this issue being solved by a member laced with so much concern by others that shows how strong is our community at this forum no wonder i have always said that many of the matters we as a community can handle it, if this is just not possible then only we should seek a professional help. :yahoo:

If we take a professional help, he would have charged Rs.1,000/- a visit, and then too i would have not been surprised if he was not able to handle the problem, he would have said there is a major problem and we should contact the company but he will not forget to take his money. :indifferent14:

The point i am making is that i have seen many such so called professionals while making my theatre, for me they were on a semi loot sphere. It is like when we have a problem with computer, the engineer will try to solve it but if he is not able to handle it, then there are great chances that he will say sir, there is a virus. :rolleyes:

V.

First let me thank the forum owner, I am getting excellent responses and suggestions from the fellow members.

Last edited:
Hello Sir,

Good that you could locate the problem and it is surprising news as it is capable of handling power till 240v and it could not withstand the power and could work only with 110V... :sad:

Some HFV members in electrical line can explain what could be the main reason( any circuit / wiring problems)

So no turning back from now onwards for you to small screen.:) Enjoy..

Regards

vinay,

I watched a movie last week, the pq is mind blowing. I have to rearrange my speakers and avr, which will take some time. I have to purchase a hdmi 25 feet cable and xtreamer pro. In the meantime due to foot ball fever, I am not able to allocate time to watch a movie through my pj.

thank you vinay,

Regards,

hi Buswal sir

am sure with your PJ around you would never want to look at your TV again (irrespective of the size)

thats what happened to me

hi santosh,

It is true that after watching a blu ray movie in hd 20, the pq of a TV is average. no doubt about it.

cheers

Hello Sir,

Glad that you could rectify your problem (could not, because of my exams)! Happy to see you enjoying your HD20.

Cheers!

hi svenkateshmart,

thanks.

Best of wishes to you -budding lawyer:):).

cheers.

I am watching the football matches in HD on my HD 20 and the PQ is awesome, guess nothing can beat this experience for me.

First of all, sorry for hijacking this thread but my problem is closely related.

I brought my Optoma HD20 from Europe and using it in India. Now I have observed that some pixels/mirrors are stuck. They appear dark in bright background and vice-versa.

It seems that I am out of warranty because I am not in Europe. What do you guys advice me to do?

Thanks.

Talk to the local Optoma service center. They may be able to tell you at least the cause of the problem and cost to repair it.

These are the list of Authorised service centers for Optoma:
Digicomp Complete Solutions Ltd.
Delhi
Digicomp Complete Solutions LTD
#401, 4TH FLOOR, EROS APARTMENT,BUILDING NO-56, NEHRU PLACE, NEW DELHI-110019
Kolkata
DIGICOMP COMPLETE SOLUTIONS LTD
49 B, C. R. AVENUE, KOLKATA- 700012.
Mumbai
Shivai Industrial Estate, Unit no 14, Gnd Floor, Behind Signature Hotel, Andheri-Kurla Road, Andheri (E) Mumbai-400 059
Mumbai
Tinwala Building, 3rd floor, Room no.28,Tribhuvan Road, Near Dream Land Cinema, Grant Road(E) Mumbai 400004
Cochin
DIGICOMP COMPLETE SOLUTIONS LTD
DOOR No.CC 39/4209-B MANIKKIRI, M.G.LINK ROAD, ERNAKULAM, COCHIN-682016
Chennai
Digicomp Complete solutons LTD
No4,Ceebros centre, No. 45, Montieth Road, #rd Floor, Adjecent to Hotel Ambassador pallava Egmore, Chennai-600008
Hyderabad
Digicomp Complete Solutions Limited
Mayfair Building, Shop no: 4
1-8-303/34/1
S.P Road, secunderabad-500003
Phone no:040-66328285
BANGALORE
#53/58,Sri Chakravarthi Complex Sajjan Rao Circle,V.V. Puram Bangalore-560004
National Toll Free: 1800-4258377
TEL?+91-80-26743665 (10 Lines)
MP?+91-9739007166
FAX?+91-80-26758290
Digicomp

First of all, sorry for hijacking this thread but my problem is closely related.

I brought my Optoma HD20 from Europe and using it in India. Now I have observed that some pixels/mirrors are stuck. They appear dark in bright background and vice-versa.

It seems that I am out of warranty because I am not in Europe. What do you guys advice me to do?

Thanks.

I recently bought an optoma hd 20 from US and got it shipped to india. The projector is new and the lamp has done zero hours.(i could check this once when the projector ran for few good minutes after which i switched off the PJ). There is a strange problem with the projector. some times the projector works fine(maximum i could check was only few minutes after which i turned it off), but most of the times after it has been switched on, it switches off all by itself after initial optoma logo flash and sometimes after searching the signal. the green 'ON' light goes off and turns Amber with no other indications and then if u try to switch it on the bulb does not come on. even if u power off and then switch it on...it does not come on.Then after a wait of say 30 minutes..when the PJ is switched on, its fan runs, optoma signal comes, searches for signals and then again abruptly the bulb goes off, no fan noise is heard...then u try to restart it wont come...what could be the problem?? could this be due to a loose bulb in the transit?? will re-fixing the bulb help???? There is a strange problem with the projector. some times the projector works fine, but most of the times after it has been switched on, it switches off by itself after initial optoma logo flash. and then if u try to switch it on the bulb does not come on. what could be the problem?? could this be due to a loose bulb in the transit?? will refixing the bulb help????

Hey guys..here is my experience. I was considering buying a PJ since last 6 months and about 2 months ago I got a deal on HD20 on ebay.com (PJ in Canada, Dealer ships free to USA). The cost of the PJ was at discount as it was manufacturer refurbished. I got the PJ for INR 34xxx and paid through SBI card via paypal. It got transported to me from Canada in 12 days through Amarex shop and ship. (about 7 days from Canada to USA + 4 days from USA to India). Transportation charges were quite reasonable at INR 42xx.

I had asked the retailer to show the cost as $350 only. So in fact i sould have been charged about INR 12xxx by customs, I sneakd in by paying only INR 52xx.

Here the misfortune strikes me and when I check the PJ, I starts giving problem and goes dough after operating for 5 mins. I go online and on hifivision.com and found out that many people had such problems, even those who had bought brand new units (Mine is a Manufacturer refurbished..that means new but refurbished...not brand new...though to my eyes it looks as new as it could be).

I took the PJ to digicomp in Nehru Place, New Delhi. There I was told that the Main board had to be changed. I dont know how they came to know that coz the engineer had had a single glance at the PJ. I was told that the equipment had to come in from Bangalore and its gonna cost me INR 13000(MB price)+1000(service charges).

I had to pay Rs 14728 finay for the repair work(NO US warranty honoured here). Though I knew all this coz I was prepaired for that.

So here is the distribution:-
1. Rs 34xxx - PJ cost
2. Rs 42xx - shipping to India
3. Rs 52xx - customs (should have been Rs. 12xxx but acted a lil smart here)
4. Rs 14728- repairs

Final price Rs 581xx. Far less than what I would have got in India. And with the repairs done the final price is equal to what I would have got the brand new unit for from USA. All in all a little hassles bust the most economical way of getting the a PJ. I must reiterate for those who have doubts...the PJ is new, Not used, returned to Optoma by some store and then sent back in the market by optoma after refurbishing. I came to know later that even if i would have bought a So called brand new peice, the problem which occured could have happned then also.

Hope this helps those who are considering to buy a PJ. Specially those who can't make many trips to US.

I have been using my Optoma HD 20 which I brought from the US 5 months ago for about 3 months and so far my experience has been that it has exceeded expectations.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back