HD Media Player vs HDMI DVD Player

Spirovious,
Is it able to handle the encryption in new DVDs ?

Some examples of DVDs I am unable to rip :
- Dark Knight
- Pulp Fiction
- Alvin and the Chipmunks

The DVDFab is unable to break the encryption.

Any suggestions ?

Sometimes i also face the same issues. In such cased i first rip the dvd using DVD Decrypter and then pass it on to DVDFab for extracting the main movie alone.

Thanks,
Prakash

Hi,

I think that the WD TV digital media player is a wonderful little device. And since you already have a lot of movies on your external HDD, simply connect the HDD to the WD TV and watch!

I have downloaded (with torrent) some HD movies too, with DTS encoded sound, which look and sound absolutely terrific. The sound output of the WDTV is connected to my AVR through an optical cable, and video is going to the TV through HDMI (via the AVR).

I do have a DVD player also (an older one, but it has progressive scan).

There is a Blu Ray player in my future too, but I am waiting for prices to drop below 12K.

However, currently I am enjoying the full benefits of HD with the WDTV. I recommend it wholeheartedly!

Cheers
Sumain are you getting 5.1 audio output from ur AVR when WDTV connected through optical cable?

Hello Friends,

i am not sure is it the right thread to discuss this or not :) . however here is the issue. kindly suggest a good player to play Blueray rips. because VLC is not able to plays it properly :mad:.

kind suggest a good player that can process sound as well as vedio properly. or divert me to right thread as i tried but not able to find........

please help.....
regards,
vinay.

Hello Friends,

i am not sure is it the right thread to discuss this or not :) . however here is the issue. kindly suggest a good player to play Blueray rips. because VLC is not able to plays it properly :mad:.

kind suggest a good player that can process sound as well as vedio properly. or divert me to right thread as i tried but not able to find........

please help.....
regards,
vinay.

For .mkv (DTS/DD 5.1) files use
KMPlayer - Download

The above player will not support HD audio though.

For .mt2s (DTS-HD-MA/HR & DD-True-HD) files use
TotalMedia Theatre 3 Platinum — The ultimate high-definition movie experience

Many people suggest PowerDVD 9 also, but on a personal experience I prefer ArcSoft TotalMedia Theater.

cheers.

Hi,

Where can we buy WDTV and what's the approx price. Also please suggest a better storage drive (external) of 1TB and it's cost.

What are the audio output options from this WD player? All are digital out?

I mean is this player good for playing music with stereo amp as well? or it's good only for digital out.

Please point to me if there is a post already explaining all these.

thanks.

Spirovious,
Is it able to handle the encryption in new DVDs ?

Some examples of DVDs I am unable to rip :
- Dark Knight
- Pulp Fiction
- Alvin and the Chipmunks

The DVDFab is unable to break the encryption.

Any suggestions ?

Use AnyDVD. It would remove the copyprotection. Alternatively can use DVD Decrypter.

Hello Friends,

please help.....
regards,
vinay.

Use KM Player or GOM Player or Zoom player all are good alternatives to VLC. make sure you have the latest versions of the players and 64Bit if the OS is 64bit by any chance

Zoom player provides various controlls to configure each channel for 5.1 audio source, a benifit of this player over others.

Last edited:
Has anybody used TVix mediaplayer ?? Just have seen one add in What Hifi Oct issue. Basically I am looking for a WD TV or Xtreamer + Live TV recorder. I was suggested in another thread to look for either Normus or TVix. So just asking if anybody has already experienced it.

Thanks

AC Ryan has DVR that does exactly what you want. its called PlayOn DVR check out if that suits your requirment

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back