HD or 4K unltra HD

sunild

Hi Guys ,

Recently brought Samsung 50 HU7000 UHD LED TV UA50HU7000W ...

Need help Can i go for HD or 4K Ultra DTH by Videocon confused, as i am not presently in Indian and i haven't watched any HD or 4K channels from any of the DTH operator, i was in India for only 15 days on holidays.

Need inputs and suggestions from any one who are using HD and 4K DTH services .

Hi Guys ,

Recently brought Samsung 50 HU7000 UHD LED TV UA50HU7000W ...

Need help Can i go for HD or 4K Ultra DTH by Videocon confused, as i am not presently in Indian and i haven't watched any HD or 4K channels from any of the DTH operator, i was in India for only 15 days on holidays.

Need inputs and suggestions from any one who are using HD and 4K DTH services .

Sorry, first a disclaimer - I have not used any of these products.

But I find it strange that Videocon has released a 4k settop box when there is no 4k broadcast that I know of - in India or US or anywhere. At best, a few movies here and here and some TV series (like House Of Cards?) are slowly emerging.

While mainstream TV and movie catches up to 4k, the main benefit you will be getting is that your TV will be upscaling your HD content to 4k.

So the way I see it, the 4k settop box is not adding any value to you or to anyone else with a 4k TV.

If anything, a 4k AVR might make sense, especially if it does a significantly better job of upscaling regular content to 4k.

Hi Arun ,

Yes i was going through technical information about 4K ,It seems most of the channels are unscaled from 1080 in india and 4k you can relay experience resolution if the TV size is beyond 65 " .

I think at present HD should be ok for me , Anyone have any suggestion please post.

It has been impossible for any DTH company anywhere in the world with the technology available at present, to give enough number of HD channels without lowering the bit rate so much that HD cannot be called as HD in true sense but for the 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution. Such being the case, 4K DTH satellite transmission is pure humbug. Just look at the bandwidth available to any DTH company vis-a-vis the bandwidth required for a true 4K transmission, and you will know the truth. In short, stick to a HD STB.

Last edited:
It seems most of the channels are unscaled from 1080 in india and 4k you can relay experience resolution if the TV size is beyond 65 " .
AYlgpr

If you have already invested in the 4K UHD TV, then i will suggest you to purchase one simple composite to VGA converter. If you have a VGA input in your TV, this converter will convert the standard composite video to VGA and will give you analog signal with 1920 x 1200 resolution @ 60Hz. This convertor cost just Rs.1100/- including shipping at eBay. No harm in trying out and checking.
here is the link PC Laptop Composite AV S Video TO VGA TV Converter Monitor Adapter Switch BOX F5 | eBay

If you have already invested in the 4K UHD TV, then i will suggest you to purchase one simple composite to VGA converter. If you have a VGA input in your TV, this converter will convert the standard composite video to VGA and will give you analog signal with 1920 x 1200 resolution @ 60Hz. This convertor cost just Rs.1100/- including shipping at eBay. No harm in trying out and checking.
here is the link PC Laptop Composite AV S Video TO VGA TV Converter Monitor Adapter Switch BOX F5 | eBay

What is the purpose of this device when it can be connected through HDMI?

What is the purpose of this device when it can be connected through HDMI?

If you have not bought a HD set-top box then this can up-convert your signal with minimum expense. Moreover HDMI requires quality cables else you loose bit rate significantly permanently, this is not a problem with all analogue HD signals. Also the output of the VGA offers full HD compatiability at very low cost.

I personally like analogue HD over digital HD.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back