HD900B Latest Firmware!

gsajal

Hi Guys

Where can i find the latest firmware for my HD900B media player ? If anyone can help me find the link, that would be great. I tried google but returned empty handed.

Thanks in Advance

Hi gsajal,
please follow the below mentioned link and go to himedia folder and there are official and custom firmwares.
My Files

u can choose.
pl.note that the custom firmware are highly customized and tweaked.
thanks.

i was foraging through avsforum for links to firmwares for the HD900B. glad that i found this thread too. thanks much @ramanips!
has anyone used YAMJ or anything similar on the 900B?

Have your tried the upgrade and what is your review
AYlgpr

Hi Seeker,

Have your tried the upgrade and what is your review

Thanks in advance

sorry, haven't yet. i have been awaiting delivery of an HDD (to be used with HD900B), which unfortunately couldn't be delivered yet and will come to me now next week only. after that i will proceed to use the FW and installation of YAMJ. i read some bad things about the last official FW on futeko, so i decided to take a pause and ask member 'baijuxavior' before proceeding. he's not active here since Jan, so asked him on another forum, but still awaiting his reply. will post here the updates later.

Hi,

I am too using Himedia 900b with 2TB HDD, anyone can confirm if it supports more than 2Tb HDD..

Thanks

sorry, haven't yet. i have been awaiting delivery of an HDD (to be used with HD900B), which unfortunately couldn't be delivered yet and will come to me now next week only. after that i will proceed to use the FW and installation of YAMJ. i read some bad things about the last official FW on futeko, so i decided to take a pause and ask member 'baijuxavior' before proceeding. he's not active here since Jan, so asked him on another forum, but still awaiting his reply. will post here the updates later.

I had last week after one year installed a 2TB HDD a WD green ordered from AMAZON.

Took a while to figure out how to install the internal HDD.

For your advance info I faced the following issues which after a while could sort it out as the information is much less on internet. Hope this may help you :

1. Installing the internal HDD: The lock device has to be pushed a little bit more than is required after the HDD is slotted inside. This gave me some anxious moments
2. Recognising by HD900 B: The drive does not appear in File manager. I had come across some info on the net that this recognizes only NTFS file format. SInce the HDD does not come formatted I had gone to settings>system>format:. At this menu if the HDD is not appearing then you need to reslot it properly inplace and push the connector.

This I recognized after a lot of trials and tension that this drive might be faulty.

The format does take not more than a minute. This is also a source of worry because we do not know if the 2 TB is formatted or how much is the space available after format. There is no way to know unless you connect it externally.

3. After formatting and you switch it on and reboot again the file manager does not show the HDD. After some anxious moments and trials I came to know that it takes a minute or more than that to recognize the HDD but the externally connected USB drive appears faster and before the internal HDD.

4. I kept on trasnfering files through the green button options but there is no way to know what is the space left in the internal HDD.

Hope the above will make your HDD installation smooth.

Look forward for your upgrade review. Please try to notice the changes as compared to the older versions

Last edited:
I had last week after one year installed a 2TB HDD a WD green ordered from AMAZON.

Took a while to figure out how to install the internal HDD.

For your advance info I faced the following issues which after a while could sort it out as the information is much less on internet. Hope this may help you :

1. Installing the internal HDD: The lock device has to be pushed a little bit more than is required after the HDD is slotted inside. This gave me some anxious moments
2. Recognising by HD900 B: The drive does not appear in File manager. I had come across some info on the net that this recognizes only NTFS file format. SInce the HDD does not come formatted I had gone to settings>system>format:. At this menu if the HDD is not appearing then you need to reslot it properly inplace and push the connector.

This I recognized after a lot of trials and tension that this drive might be faulty.

The format does take not more than a minute. This is also a source of worry because we do not know if the 2 TB is formatted or how much is the space available after format. There is no way to know unless you connect it externally.

3. After formatting and you switch it on and reboot again the file manager does not show the HDD. After some anxious moments and trials I came to know that it takes a minute or more than that to recognize the HDD but the externally connected USB drive appears faster and before the internal HDD.

4. I kept on trasnfering files through the green button options but there is no way to know what is the space left in the internal HDD.

Hope the above will make your HDD installation smooth.

Look forward for your upgrade review. Please try to notice the changes as compared to the older versions

will do. you don't want to try a custom firmware?

Hi,

Is there any customer firmware after 1.0.4.20 which is official as per himedia website...

Thanks

got my HDD y'day. installed it now in the player easily and it was instantly recognised as well. will proceed to copy movies and videos to it and flashing a few firmwares.

Hi,

Is there any customer firmware after 1.0.4.20 which is official as per himedia website...

Thanks

a custom firmware won't be regarded as an 'official' one from the company. Micca, Egreat and Bast Castle are some that i had read about on avsforum. the links to them are provided on the last page of this thread. i will try some from these and post about it here, but will take some time.

not yet. been reading some threads on various forums to play it safe, as i wasn't able to recall safe flashing and other procedures well, having not done this in a long time. should be able to post something later today.

okay so i upgraded the FW from OllyP's custom FW v1.0.2.16, to v1.5.2 (which is perhaps a fork of the official FW v1.0.4.20; last one on this page). read some bad things about the official v1.0.4.20 FW, so it would make sense to avoid that. this one looks good. seems stable, although am yet to put it to AV test. i see a few more settings, esp. in the MISC section under 'set-up'. will test the FW further for AV playback, network-settings (wired LAN), HDD use, YAMJ, and anything else that crosses my mind. one thing i noticed is that the UI seems now slightly more responsive, esp. the 'eject' feature had turned quite snappier than what it was in the last FW i had. more to check.

FSqvPgsl.jpg

Last edited:
Hi...

Thanks for the update

Share the link for this fw, will try as well but hope nothing happens to my 2TB treasure ;-)

We can always remove hdd and update fw rite ?

With current OFW UI is bit slow I mean have to wait for few seconds post complete boot for smooth navigation..

Cheers

Hi...

Thanks for the update

Share the link for this fw, will try as well but hope nothing happens to my 2TB treasure ;-)

We can always remove hdd and update fw rite ?

With current OFW UI is bit slow I mean have to wait for few seconds post complete boot for smooth navigation..

Cheers

hello!
the link was in my earlier post, but anyway, here it is again:

My Files

(download the CSv1.5.2 file)

i still haven't tested media on this firmware. hopefully tomorrow or the weekend. and its always recommended to remove the HDD, either connected via SATA or via USB to the player, and then change the firmware. also, put the install.img file in the downloaded archive in a FAT32 formatted USD pen-drive, and connect it to the first USB slot on the player, as seen from the front. if you need any more steps on how to install the firmware, then let me know.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back