HDMI Cable for Sony Bravia 40 inch LCD

panditji

Hello Everyone,
Need help in buying an HDMI cable to connect my laptop to the LCD for watching movies. The LCD is a SOny Bravia 40 inch and I am currently using a VGA cable. Please advise which HDMI cable to buy I have read that the Samsung cables sucks and I do not know which amongst Sony, Logitech or the others to buy.
Appreciate your help in advance.

Go for a nice MX HDMI cable (MX-2593). It costs Rs. 500. I use it to connect my Pioneer DVD player to LCD TV.

Other branded ones are much expensive and may not justify for your purpose.

i got my hdmi from sony centre, proper sony branded stuff, but it cost a bomb, 2460 bucks.

performance is of course out of the ordinary.

i got my hdmi from sony centre, proper sony branded stuff, but it cost a bomb, 2460 bucks.

performance is of course out of the ordinary.

Permonce checked against??Which brands?LIke Bandridge,Monster,VDH,Chord Cable or Blue Jeans?
IMHO Sony cables are slightly above ordinary sold at exhorbitant prices......In fact MX may be better ( I was using MX before getting Blue Jeans from US)

I have Bainbridge lying around, unused, unopened. I think it cost me 2K, need to check.

Buy from me for best quality
When you buy from me
You buy peace of mind ... :)
Pictures will be clearer than water
You will want to drink from them :licklips:

Er.. did I pitch it enough? :rolleyes:

Cheers :lol:

your budget?
Which lap you are having? What type of HDMI it has? ( 1.2 or 1.3?)

How do we come to know HDMI version of LCD ? I too have Bravia 40" V550 but still not able to find out its version. Manual doesn't mention either...

Thanks..!

I believe it should be 1.3 as that is the current version present no most of the models that have been launched in last 1 year.

For more clarity why not call Sony technical support and confirm the same ?

How do we come to know HDMI version of LCD ? I too have Bravia 40" V550 but still not able to find out its version. Manual doesn't mention either...

Thanks..!

Good question! Wonder why they never mention on the manual or brochures!

Anyway your HDMI ver should be 1.3 as this version has come out about 3 years back.

Hi,

I have bought 2 No of HDMI cables from the LG service center. LG HDMI costs only Rs. 500 and the have good quality.

I am using it to connect my Pionner LX-60 AV receiver, Pioneer DVD player and LG LCD TV.

My advice is do not go for the very costly brands becouse it doesn't make any difference in performance. They makes more money by selling cables than the devices.

Also i uses the optical cables which i bought for Rs. 150 to connect my computer and tatasky+ to the receiver. It works just fine.:)

Cheers,
Sudhish.

the difference among various HDMI cables is minuscule (or nonexistent) over short distances, provided they are of reasonable construction. So there's absolutely no point spending 2k for a cable when a 500 buck MX cable will do as good a job. Please don't waste your money. I am using some chinese HDMI cable i picked up at Croma, cost me 800 bucks, works as well as my Sony HDMI cable used to. Gold plating doesn't make a difference to quality, it just helps it to resist corrosion and oxidation(?).

Even in gold plated cables , there will be corrosion, once the plating starts to wear off from the terminals if you are using the same cable for multiple devices

Lg cables was selling in alfa mumbai around 300-350 Rs
I am sure I saw the same ( after 4-5) months on lamington road for Rs 250..

Yes, it doesnt make much sense to spend lot of money on branded HDMI cables, having used both expensive monster and cheap unbranded HDMI cable i could not see a difference.

HDMI is end-to-end digital connection and nobody can humanely tell difference between 2500Rs Cable and 300Rs HDMI cable in a Blind test.
Theres difference in cable build quality but not in picture quality.

You should not spend more than 300-500 on HDMI cable.

Last edited:
Ooops, I made a mistake and bought a Sony HDMI cable from a shop in DLF Place, saket, New Delhi for Rs1500. I just read that LG costs just Rs 400-500....Well now that I have made a mistake I just discovered that the LCD makes a screeching sound every now and then although the picture quality is good. I just don't know why the sound comes after every 15 mins. It is a sort of a screeching sound which is extremely jarring.....
Is there anything wrong with the cable ? Is the cable not carrying the signal properly? Please advise so that I can return the cable if need be

Thanks

Well u need to troubleshoot the issue first - Don't jump the gun on the cable ?

Is the issue happening with any particular media ?
Is the issue happening within specified intervals ?
Try a different media, source and check the cable ?
If possible try a different player to check the same ?
Also try another cable, though i feel it should not be a cable issue ?

Guys, the sound happens at regular intervals of 3-4 minutes....I have connected the HDMI port in the laptop to the HDMI port on the LCD...What could be wrong?

Try updating the graphic & sound card drivers in your laptop.

Guys, the sound happens at regular intervals of 3-4 minutes....I have connected the HDMI port in the laptop to the HDMI port on the LCD...What could be wrong?

Do you get the same sound when connected to say a DVD player? If yes, then its not your laptop. If no, worthwhile connecting another laptop and double checking before updating the drivers.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back