HDMI Cable

HDMI :
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a compact audio/video interface for transmitting uncompressed digital data.
That is not actually true. All 'video' digital data in any consumer product, is always 'compressed'. Uncompressed digital HD video data is way too much for any current media format to handle. Not to mention the bandwith requirements for transferring 'uncompressed' digital video data.

What was being sold must have been HDMI extension over cat5/cat6 cables, which are one way making longer HDMI lengths.

You cannot transmit HDMI signals over CAT5 cables unless you install a Balun on both ends. What Spiro and Sanjay are talking about is an HDMI cable that can also carry networking information and data.

Cheers

Last edited:
You cannot transmit HDMI signals over CAT% cables unless you install a Balun on both ends. What Spiro and Sanjay are talking about is an HDMI cable that can also carry networking information and data.

Cheers

I was referring to what was being sold for 5k.

While i was looking for HDMI cable, i got quote for
Audio quest Forest (12Meters)-Rs 12000/-
Black Rhodium (10meters) - Rs 12500/-
Straight Wire (10Meters) - approx Rs.27500/-
can u guys suggest which is very good brand for HDMI v1.4. Thanks for any help

Rgds
sundar

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back