HDMI Cables - How They Work.

wlg

Re: Power cords

Hi
Regarding HDMI cables its digital in/out, so if 1101 is inputted you will not get 11011 by using gold plated cables, either you get the proper output as inputted or else the set will not work, check on you tube

Re: Power cords

Hi
Regarding HDMI cables its digital in/out, so if 1101 is inputted you will not get 11011 by using gold plated cables, either you get the proper output as inputted or else the set will not work, check on you tube

error correction?

the responses and references were (and started with) conceptual to address the common misnomer in the example that wlg suggested.

Basically during errors in video data, you will get that frame as a corrupt one with random NOISE PIXELs. However, as long as you do not get those corrupt pixels, ANY HDMI cable should work well! Some of us who have this perception of "better video" quality I see that as perception only as I have not observed such difference using different cables.

I need an HDMI cable (approx. 1.5 M) for connecting my PC graphics card (MSI HD5770 hawk) to me Panasonic plasma. Any economic decent option? Sometimes I read about gold plated HDMI connection specially in high end gadgets. Does it contribute to performance?

Yesterday I have seen one 1.5 M Norstone HDMI 1.4 3D cord at 1.5k. Does it make any sense to purchase such costly HDMI cord?

I need an HDMI cable (approx. 1.5 M) for connecting my PC graphics card (MSI HD5770 hawk) to me Panasonic plasma. Any economic decent option? Sometimes I read about gold plated HDMI connection specially in high end gadgets. Does it contribute to performance?

Yesterday I have seen one 1.5 M Norstone HDMI 1.4 3D cord at 1.5k. Does it make any sense to purchase such costly HDMI cord?
If you take my recommendation, go for any CHEAP HDMI cable which works for you. We should utilize what DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY has to offer and refrain from going for costly cables as it will MOST PROBABLY NEVER improve your experience even when it carry signals more accurately. As long the receiving end accurately interpret the 1s and 0s, better signal accuracy would NOT matter.

Buying very expensive A/V cables is 99% Placebo and 1% Reality.........

If you take my recommendation, go for any CHEAP HDMI cable which works for you. We should utilize what DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY has to offer and refrain from going for costly cables as it will MOST PROBABLY NEVER improve your experience even when it carry signals more accurately. As long the receiving end accurately interpret the 1s and 0s, better signal accuracy would NOT matter.

Totally agree with you but unfortunately this forum has a huge fan following for expensive HDMI cables and their so-called picture improvements. :sad:

we should use and share the experience.. i did so here we go .
I booked a 5$ gold plated HDMI cable in ebay us ..brand insignia
tested with 40GB rip of Bluray, just perfect quality, build Q : very nice.Supports 10Gb ps or so.
So if if u want gold plated variants go grab in ebay us , ship many cables together
..sell off extras .Never buy 2-3k expensive HDMI even the brands are reputed , waste of money.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back