Hdmi card gone kaput marantz 6013.

Akshit2111

Hi
After days of leaving my Avr With the dealer it finally reached marantz service centre here in delhi.
So the guy told me that my hdmi card went kaput. And the chances for repair is 50 50. So i asked him to repair it as the part he told me costs a lot and availability is also an issue as the part has to be imported.
Today he called me and told me that the hdmi card cannot be repaired and needs to be replaced. The cost approx is 30k. Spending 30k on a two year old receiver is way too much. Now there is no way i can validate the claim.
Does it really cost this much. Is there a way i can handle this situation differently like low cost or anything like that.
Please help.
Model marantz 6013
2 year old.

Hi
After days of leaving my Avr With the dealer it finally reached marantz service centre here in delhi.
So the guy told me that my hdmi card went kaput. And the chances for repair is 50 50. So i asked him to repair it as the part he told me costs a lot and availability is also an issue as the part has to be imported.
Today he called me and told me that the hdmi card cannot be repaired and needs to be replaced. The cost approx is 30k. Spending 30k on a two year old receiver is way too much. Now there is no way i can validate the claim.
Does it really cost this much. Is there a way i can handle this situation differently like low cost or anything like that.
Please help.
Model marantz 6013
2 year old.
Yes unfortunately HDMI board would cost 30K and for lower price you might just buy a fully functional AVR on OLX
I was quoted Rs. 23500 for a replacement board of 6009 and no warranty on replacement board

Yes unfortunately HDMI board would cost 30K and for lower price you might just buy a fully functional AVR on OLX
I was quoted Rs. 23500 for a replacement board of 6009 and no warranty on replacement board
Shiz. Did you get it repaired or sold it?
And can you tell me where did you take it for repair?

Oh man, that's really sad. Will there be warranty on the new card? But still 30k is quite an amount.

Selling it too would be a big hole in the pocket. I'd say use it with other digital inputs coax/optical. Use an hdmi extractor. Send hdmi from it to display and optical/coaxial to the receiver for audio.

MaSh

Shiz. Did you get it repaired or sold it?
And can you tell me where did you take it for repair?
Contacted MZ Audio for the repair, its still lying in defective state with me.
I also could not test if coax/optical works and even if they work, what could I use this dead horse for?

Just a thought and apologize for not being of any help to OP, can the AVR be used as an amplifier in these cases? Assuming I can get a new AVR for this ~30K.

@Akshit2111 : I would suggest that you go ahead with the repair. Negotiate with him to get a discount. Write to Marantz on FB/Twitter and try to get an additional warranty on the repair. Fact is at ~30K, you will not get a new AVR with anything closer to the Marantz sound.

btw, what peripherals had you attached to the 6013 ? any DTH box..?

My 7010 HDMI replacement was also quoted 30,000.00 My dealer friend told me that he is trying to work out a cheaper solution. Marantz gone for repairs for quite a few months now !!!

The sad part is i just go a new oled tv and was about to buy atmos speakers to enjoy my full setup. From past 3 months the home was under construction and i cud not use my hts and now this!!

@Akshit2111 : I would suggest that you go ahead with the repair. Negotiate with him to get a discount. Write to Marantz on FB/Twitter and try to get an additional warranty on the repair. Fact is at ~30K, you will not get a new AVR with anything closer to the Marantz sound.

btw, what peripherals had you attached to the 6013 ? any DTH box..?
No i dont use dth. I have never attached my avr to any external set top box or even any amplifier for that matter.

My 7010 HDMI replacement was also quoted 30,000.00 My dealer friend told me that he is trying to work out a cheaper solution. Marantz gone for repairs for quite a few months now !!!
Ya i was also told that they'll try for repair but theres 50 50 chance of success.
Unfortunate!

This link may throw some insights....usual suspects is the set top box which is connected through HDMI...sometimes possibilities of electrical current getting passed through HDMI cables...

I generally dont have any fluctuation in my area. Basically in my tv cabinet all the speaker wires( 4 atmos and 2 surround 3lcr) assemble in a tight space where i am supposed to keep my avr so some of the wires got squished by my avr as the space is quite tight. I am afraid this could be one of the reason. I have never had any such sudden power surge problem in my area.

Back