HDMI split

raghumailbox

Hi Friends,

Need info for my seamless HT setup.

My equipments -
Input - TataSky HD+ & Denon AVR X2000 with single HDMI output
Output - Pana LED HDTV & Optoma HD Projector

My Denon AVR also connected with PS3, HTPC and other items.

Current Problem without any splitters -
1. TS connected directly to TV and for projector I need to interchange the cable
2. Switching between TV & Projector I need to interchange the cable

My 90% of usage is TS with TV and I use others very often.

How do i come out of the interchange the cable issue?
Please help.

You can use HDMI splitter readily available online, with 1 in 2 out. I am using it for last 15 days without any problem.

Pradeep, could you post the online product link of the splitter you are using. I see lot of them on ebay and amazon.

I bought couple of HDMI splitters on Amazon @ Rs.399. Now the price seems to have come down. I am giving the link below. It has three inputs and one output. See if it suits you.

Buy GadgetsAccessories HDTV 1080P Display Video DVD 3 Port HDMI Switch Switcher Adapter Splitter Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

This is HDMI Selector where you can select multiple inputs to 1 output. I believe OP is looking for splitter like this
WireTech 1X2 HDMI Splitter with 1.4 - Buy WireTech 1X2 HDMI Splitter with 1.4 Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

i had got one splitter from the supplier in SP road Bangalore. But it gave lots of flickering and I returned.

I had two quires -
1. Connecting TS-out to TV-in and AVR-in
2. Connecting AVR-out to TV-in and Projector-in

So do i need two splitter?

People beware I bought this ^^ chinese 1*2 splitter that is sold under many brand names in India,HDMI splitting is fine but it downmixes Dolby to PCM..Buy it only if you are ok with that..I wanted DD o/p both to avr as well as TV from my TS box and it failed me when i got PCM on my avr. Sellers say support dolby means decodes dolby, unsaid terms are that it decodes and then downmixes 5.1 to 2.1

Hi Friends,

Need info for my seamless HT setup.

My equipments -
Input - TataSky HD+ & Denon AVR X2000 with single HDMI output
Output - Pana LED HDTV & Optoma HD Projector

My Denon AVR also connected with PS3, HTPC and other items.

Current Problem without any splitters -
1. TS connected directly to TV and for projector I need to interchange the cable
2. Switching between TV & Projector I need to interchange the cable

My 90% of usage is TS with TV and I use others very often.

How do i come out of the interchange the cable issue?
Please help.

I have been using this WireTech 1X2 HDMI Splitter connected to my TV and Projector. Its provides signal to Both together as well as individually. No issues with quality noticed so far.

i had got one splitter from the supplier in SP road Bangalore. But it gave lots of flickering and I returned.

I had two quires -
1. Connecting TS-out to TV-in and AVR-in
2. Connecting AVR-out to TV-in and Projector-in

So do i need two splitter?

Connect all sources to your AVR. Its a receiver after all. Connect the HDMI Out from the AVR to the splitter. The use the Two outputs from the splitter, connecting to the TV and Projector.

MaSh

Hi,
My 90% of usage is TS with TV and I use others not very often.
So i do not want my AVR to be ON always.
Since i use this setup in living room, it should be easy for parents also use it.

1. Connecting TS-out to TV-in and AVR-in - a splitter required here
2. Connecting AVR-out to TV-in and Projector-in- a splitter required here

So do i need to use two 1in2out splitter or a single device is possible?

Most AVRs today have signal pass through on standby mode. In which case TS out to AVR in. Splitter only on out.

Hi,
My 90% of usage is TS with TV and I use others not very often.
So i do not want my AVR to be ON always.
Since i use this setup in living room, it should be easy for parents also use it.

1. Connecting TS-out to TV-in and AVR-in - a splitter required here
2. Connecting AVR-out to TV-in and Projector-in- a splitter required here

So do i need to use two 1in2out splitter or a single device is possible?

Your AVR supports stand by pass through. You dont need to have the AVR On all the time. Just leave it in stand by mode and it will pass on the signal to the TV/Projector. You would have to only change the Sound mode in your set top box to Stereo, since the TV might not be able to decode Dolby signal.

Hence, if I am understanding this right, you need only one splitter connected to the AVR Out cable which will split the signal to TV and Projector. This is exactly how I have setup my system consisting of Marantz 1504.

Does it down mixes DD/DTS to 2.1 as mentioned by another forum member?

I use the output of the media player via splitter to connect it to my Marantz AVR HDMI input. Once the Digital information reaches the AVR, then I suppose AVR will process/ take care of the information suitably for down mixing.

Can some expert on the forum throw some light on this?

If you are using splitter between media player and avr, you will lose 5.1 as these splitters downmix 5.1 to 2.1 pcm(unless you buy an expensive one with 5.1 switches).PS most of the sellers in ebay and amazon confirm this.
I guess the splitter is good only if you want to split the avr output to a pj and a tv as you would be focussed on video and let avr do the decoding and proper sound distribution.
My test setup was tata sky5. 1 op to splitter and then from splitter one each to tv and avr(as i don't have standby passthrough), but as the avr showed input as pcm repeatedly, i packed and returned the item.

If you are using splitter between media player and avr, you will lose 5.1 as these splitters downmix 5.1 to 2.1 pcm(unless you buy an expensive one with 5.1 switches).PS most of the sellers in ebay and amazon confirm this.
I guess the splitter is good only if you want to split the avr output to a pj and a tv as you would be focussed on video and let avr do the decoding and proper sound distribution.
My test setup was tata sky5. 1 op to splitter and then from splitter one each to tv and avr(as i don't have standby passthrough), but as the avr showed input as pcm repeatedly, i packed and returned the item.

I fully agree with you. I myself checked by playing directly and via splitter and confirmed the same. As suggested by you, there are splitters available with toslink (optical output). which can be used for 5.1 output.

Yep, the way i bypassed my issue is used optical from stb for avr and stb hdmi to tv. Only minus is that optical supports only upto dolby digital and not digital plus.. But then its the max i can achieve till I get a standby passthrough avr, which I'm not keen on at all now.

I am using a combination of splitter & switcher as shown in the attached diagram.
Since the media player connected via switcher (which is passive), I get signal at the input of AVR with 5.1 audio. Then the AVR accepts the signal as per DTS or dolby, when AVR is kept in Auto mode.

I am not so much bothered about the 5.1 signal from my desk top, which I use for general work & also to play some MP3 files from the SSD.

Attachments

• CONNECTION DIAGRAM FOR SPLITTER & SWITCHER.pdf
    29.3 KB · Views: 46
Ok these splitters also don't support hdmi cec, tested with kodi on rpi. Basically only good for display usage like projectors

Re: HDMI splitter

Hi All,

I am thinking of buying WireTech 1x2 HDMI splitter

WireTech 1X2 HDMI Splitter with 1.4 - Buy WireTech 1X2 HDMI Splitter with 1.4 Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

Do we have to keep both displays (TV, Projector) to be powered ON for this splitter to work? as per the reviews on Amazon, it won't work if only one Display is ON.

The product specifications also mentions support for various audio formats including HD audio. Does it really pass bitstream of HD audio?

If anyone is using any other model which works well , please share the details.

Regards,

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back