HDMI-Splitter: Video->HDMI, Audio to different HDMI (Backchannel). Possible?

Toyzr

Hi,

I have a 5.1 audio system with an integrated Blu-Ray Player connected to a beamer via HDMI. Now I would like to integrate my PC into the system. Unfortunately the audio system only has one HDMI output, but no input. The sound system does however have an audio backchannel within the HDMI output which I could use to transmit the audio.
I am now looking for some kind of HDMI splitter solution with 3 HDMI Ports:
1 HDMI for transmitting the video to the beamer
1 HDMI for accepting the video from the Blu-Ray player
1 HDMI for accepting audio&video from the PC

I would then like to be able to switch in between two modes:
1. Pipe the video input from the blu-ray player through to the beamer
2. take the audio/video signal from the computer and split it up: Send the video via HDMI to the beamer, but use the audio backchannel of the audio system's HDMI connection to transmit the audio.

Do you know, if such a device exists? Is it even possible with the HDMI standard?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Tim

Audio backchannel ( audio return channel - ARC) is part of HDMI 1.4a. As Baiju suggests, look for a HDMI matrix switch but make sure that
1) your audio system supports HDMI 1.4a
2) the matrix switch supports HDMI 1.4a
3) The switch has provision for ARC between inputs.
The last requirement looks difficult to implement but there are stranger products are out there in the market, so best of luck :).

Disclaimer: My knowledge about HDMI is not very proficient so please verify what I said with somebody with more knowledge about HDMI.

Friends,
Hooked up my Home theater system today after huge search in net.
My config:
AVR : DENON AVR 3313CI
Floorstanders : Klipsch rf62
Center : Klipsch RC 42
Surround :Klipsch RS 41
Cable :Belden 14 gauge for fronts and center , 16 gauge for surround

NEED YOUR HELP AND ADVICE

1.I have connected and hooked up the system to operate.Do i need a professional to caliberate the speaker or audissey by myself is enough..
2.I was told Sub woofer not necessary rf62 is good enough..should i buy.
3.I have connected my HD DTH Rx to AVR for viewing movies and music.But dont want my avr and surround used when serials watched by my wife or carttons by my child.I wsnt to retain HD. How is HDMI SPLITTER..Do i need the one with amplifier or a plain divider..
4.Any special advice on klipsch..Denon..anything else
5.I am using AVR of USA model ..hence with power converter with 1000w rating.
6.The system is bought in second hand AVR FOR 45K, SPKRS FOR 60K.Is the price fine.

Too many questions..but very anxious..

Thanks in advance for patience..

1. You can do the audessey calibration yourself. It is very simple. Just connect the calibration mic and place it at your listening position. AVR will prompt to perform the calibration.

2. Floor standers can handle low frequency to some extend. You can skip the subwoofer for now and buy it later when pocket permits.

3. Connect the DTH directly to TV. Connect the optical/coaxial out of the DTH box to AVR to get surround sound. This way you can leave the AVR powered off. Another option is to use the standby passthrough mode in which case the avr should be in standby.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back