HDMI Switchers. Is this the right time to buy?

frnd08

I need an HDMI switcher as my LCD has only one HDMI port. The thing is, is this the right time to buy it? The Oppo one is charging around 9K.

Are the prices likely to drop or will I see a drop in HDMI switcher supplies (coz most high end LCDs are having multiple HDMI options)? Is this the right time to buy or should I wait for the prices to drop?

The one I'm talking about is this:
OPPO HM-31, Advanced 3x1 HDMI Switch, 1080P and HDMI 1.3 Certified

btw, is the above link to the actual Indian chapter of Oppo? Can I trust that site?

Last edited:
If you already have a non-HD processing/switching HT setup (AVR) and absolutely need HD switching, you may go for the switcher. Otherwise, go for a HD processing AVR if you can afford, it will be a bit higher on the cost side. This suggestion is based on the assumption that you may want/have a HT setup to complement your HD video display.

As per feedback from members around here, you can't go wrong with an Oppo.

If you already have a non-HD processing/switching HT setup (AVR) and absolutely need HD switching, you may go for the switcher. Otherwise, go for a HD processing AVR if you can afford, it will be a bit higher on the cost side. This suggestion is based on the assumption that you may want/have a HT setup to complement your HD video display.

well i want to go for sun hd. and the thing is my dvd player is connected to my LCD via hdmi. so i would need another hdmi port for the stb.

Why dont you try this,

HDMI Matrix Switch - 4X2 - HDMI 1.3

This one has 2 inputs instead of one, this way you may connect 2 HDMI sources. But this has to be bought in the US. I have one and yet to install the same.

Srisha

They are available for pretty cheap online even from sites like amazon. You dont have to buy the Oppo one. They are pretty standard just make sure you get from a reputed retailer and not go for an unknown as the component reliability on these things could be bad.

I need an HDMI switcher as my LCD has only one HDMI port. The thing is, is this the right time to buy it? The Oppo one is charging around 9K.

Are the prices likely to drop or will I see a drop in HDMI switcher supplies (coz most high end LCDs are having multiple HDMI options)? Is this the right time to buy or should I wait for the prices to drop?

The one I'm talking about is this:
OPPO HM-31, Advanced 3x1 HDMI Switch, 1080P and HDMI 1.3 Certified

btw, is the above link to the actual Indian chapter of Oppo? Can I trust that site?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back