• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Hdmi to av 5.1 converter

Subscibe to HiFiMART Newsletter

Sunandan

Is there any converter hdmi to analog and will produce 5.1 channel and I can connect to my sony home theatre.. as it has only av input..any one please suggest...

syednizamudeen

I'm afraid to say it's not at all possible. Since I'm sure your Sony won't have analog inputs to receive 5 channel information itself from another source. Also, you don't have digital inputs as well such as Coax/Optical Input

Naturelover

Staff member
Is there any converter hdmi to analog and will produce 5.1 channel and I can connect to my sony home theatre.. as it has only av input..any one please suggest...
Please tell the model and post a pic of the connecctivity

apbinu

Model is sony DAV DZ120K.

It is having only av input
RCA stereo cables won't give you true 5.1 surround. You can get Dolby Pro Logic simulated surround, from them though. The only way to get true Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1/6.1 surround is with HDMI, Optical, or digital coax through digital connections.

Your sony DAV DZ120K has only RCA input and it will perform Pro logic simulated surround to get 5.1 effects, however just a quick question is TV HDMI (Arc) your input source here? Then u need device similar to one listed below, hope it helps.

Cheers,