Headphone amp/dac for my study room

Amitdubey

Hey Guys, I am a noob so pardon my ignorance.

Open to suggestions on separate amp and dacs or integrated headphone Amp and Dac combos with Bluetooth. Planning to pair with HD600, DT1990, HE400 or any other recommendations you might have for headphones which have great detail, separation timbre and atleast average soundstage. Ideal spend on amp and dac upto a lakh inr if I have to. I have all FLAC 16 and 24 bit with a mix of classic rock, old school metal, progressive rock, soul, blues, contemporary jazz(Diana Krall) types. Big on Steely Dan, Floyd, Dire Straits kinda music. Pls help. I am not able to figure out what is available in the Indian online plus offline stores. How would RME adi 2 dac suit me or Topping DX90 plus SMSL sp 200 combo or Topping DX7 pro? Is there anything worth waiting for? Thanks!

Not many head gear enthusiasts here, is my guess. I'd suggest you check out the The Indian Audiophile forum Facebook page/group. Post your query there and you should get a bunch of responses. That's a group of headphones & dac/amp enthusiasts in India.

M
Not many head gear enthusiasts here, is my guess. I'd suggest you check out the The Indian Audiophile forum Facebook page/group. Post your query there and you should get a bunch of responses. That's a group of headphones & dac/amp enthusiasts in India.
Thanks for the tip mate!

A lakh budget would be an overkill for the DT1990/HE400/HD 600. I would suggest you to upgrade your headphones to a better one with a budget like that and then look out for amp in near future. I use a 35k desktop setup for running my Hifiman Ananda and they are decent enough to fit your bill for above headphones (SMSL SU-8 DAC and M-Stage Monitor HPA-3B AMP). I would suggest you to join Pre Loved Gear Sale group on FB ( group created by The Indian Audiophile Forum) and watch out for the deals. You could get in touch with Kartikay Sharma(@kartikay ) from the TIAF forum as he builds custom sapphire amps and they are the one of the best.

A lakh budget would be an overkill for the DT1990/HE400/HD 600. I would suggest you to upgrade your headphones to a better one with a budget like that and then look out for amp in near future. I use a 35k desktop setup for running my Hifiman Ananda and they are decent enough to fit your bill for above headphones (SMSL SU-8 DAC and M-Stage Monitor HPA-3B AMP). I would suggest you to join Pre Loved Gear Sale group on FB ( group created by The Indian Audiophile Forum) and watch out for the deals. You could get in touch with Kartikay Sharma(@kartikay ) from the TIAF forum as he builds custom sapphire amps and they are the one of the best.
Thanks, I will give that a shot. Was looking for this type of direction. Appreciated!

For the genre you have mentioned Hifiman Ananda would be good option.. Similar tonality as HD600 but better extension at both ends and bigger soundstage..

You could get Schiit Bifrost and Schiit Valhalla 2 within that price and they are ideally suited to the headphones and music you prefer. (I’ve been happily using this combo with my Beyerdynamic T1 for some time now).

MIMBY is one option

the best would be saphhire amp from karthikay as someone mentioned

i have metrum amythyst dac amp and it plays my hifiman sundara and hd 6** very well

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have shortlisted few hps and amps dacs. Focal Clear and hifiman Arya. Need to find the right amp and dac combo to drive them

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back