Headphone DAC and amp in Mumbai

Rajendra biswas

Hello guys I live in Mumbai . I want a very good DAC in my first purchase . I realised a good DAC amp makes beautiful soundstage in headphones especially when the source is good like spoke music . I know lot of Chinese DACs are available in Mumbai . I did a lot of research I am either wanting the following DACs - rega rDAC , mdac , mdac plus , metrum amethyst .. does anyone in Mumbai have this ? I would like to do audition .. otherwise pls advice me . A well engineered DAC is better than cheap DACs .. love to connect to serious audiophile community in Mumbai

RME ADI2 DAC is well engineered, and has a very good 5 Band Parametric EQ

It is made in Germany by a professional Company

For Headphone use some EQ is in Valuable

after the EQ, balanced outputs are available

it sounds good, measures good, but the Headphone amp is

not suitable for Current Hungry low impedance planar Headphone

its OK for 150 Ohm to 300 Ohm Dynamic headphones

Hello guys I live in Mumbai . I want a very good DAC in my first purchase . I realised a good DAC amp makes beautiful soundstage in headphones especially when the source is good like spoke music . I know lot of Chinese DACs are available in Mumbai . I did a lot of research I am either wanting the following DACs - rega rDAC , mdac , mdac plus , metrum amethyst .. does anyone in Mumbai have this ? I would like to do audition .. otherwise pls advice me . A well engineered DAC is better than cheap DACs .. love to connect to serious audiophile community in Mumbai
The RME ADI-2 DAC FS is very good SQ wise but not great.

For reference, my Chord Mojo sounds just as good as the RME to my ears. The difference in a blind test would be imperceptible or even if picked up upon, won't result in a clear preference, at least insofar as I'm concerned.

Get it if you value a good do-it-all device i.e. a DAC, a headphone amp, a preamp and an EQ (which was the case for me). The convenience and tweakability of the RME is immense. If that's not important to you and you're looking for maximum bang for your buck SQ wise, give it a miss.

Visit Headphonezone outlet in Andheri west, you can audition lot of headphones and amps.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back