Headphone Mods Anyone ?

manek

Would be interested to know your experiences.
I started with “simple” mods with my AT-M50X headphones. Got some good occ cable(cable is detachable) and since the earpads were worn out decided to try aftermarket Brainwavz Hybrid earpads. They cover a larger area around the ears. It definitely changes the sound signature of the headphones and I took a few hours to get used to it but I dont think I will go back to the stock pads or cable. Maybe I got lucky ? To be honest its not the most economical of them mods for this particular headphone, But what good is a hobby like ours if you are not willing to try out new things sometimes ?

I get the best of both worlds here, a closed back headphone with a more open sound. The bass lines are cleaner, mids and highs a bit more balanced to my ears. It makes you wonder how good the stock drivers are given the right environment.

Would be interested to know your experiences.
I started with “simple” mods with my AT-M50X headphones. Got some good occ cable(cable is detachable) and since the earpads were worn out decided to try aftermarket Brainwavz Hybrid earpads. They cover a larger area around the ears. It definitely changes the sound signature of the headphones and I took a few hours to get used to it but I dont think I will go back to the stock pads or cable. Maybe I got lucky ? To be honest its not the most economical of them mods for this particular headphone, But what good is a hobby like ours if you are not willing to try out new things sometimes ?

I get the best of both worlds here, a closed back headphone with a more open sound. The bass lines are cleaner, mids and highs a bit more balanced to my ears. It makes you wonder how good the stock drivers are given the right environment.
I have the older M50s staright cable fixed ver.
Haven't tried any mods yet, did wanna change the earpads as original are almost flat now. How much did the brain waves cost u, did ya get it from HPzone?
I used to use it with Fiio E10 ho amp and it sounded like a vgood match.
Not been using since 5-6 yrs once i built my HT. But it was the best combo i heard with me. Was my 1st step into hifi journey. Spoilt since then and it continues...

I have the older M50s staright cable fixed ver.
Haven't tried any mods yet, did wanna change the earpads as original are almost flat now. How much did the brain waves cost u, did ya get it from HPzone?
I used to use it with Fiio E10 ho amp and it sounded like a vgood match.
Not been using since 5-6 yrs once i built my HT. But it was the best combo i heard with me. Was my 1st step into hifi journey. Spoilt since then and it continues...
I bought two sets. Each costed me approx 1200/-. I didnt know which one would sound good with these phones. One set was foam with faux leather. The other one was a hybrid with velour on the inner surface. The difference between the two was night and day. The hybrid sounded more balanced. The other almost made this headphone sound screechy ! So the hybrid ones stay on. There are a lot of reviews on the tube as well on aftermarket earpads and it seems to be a beginning of a small yet vibrant industry for headphone accessories.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back