Headphone output audio quality regarding

Sennheiser HD 600
AKG K702. All senns and AKG headphones they can arrange

Thank you for the advice

Hi All greetings from Pune I have decided to purchase my first stereo setup I can spend around INR 80000-100000.

I am looking at going for Rotel A10 or A 11 or Cambridge Audio AXA 50 and Polk R100 or KEF 150, I have not listened to any one of them and I am not sure how will they sound. So anyone here who owns any of these combos or has listened to them. These combo already overshoot my budget so I want to make sure that I listen to them first. Are there any options in Pune or Mumbai. Where I can visit and listen to them.
Or any other options recommended by fellow members, for me this will be one-time purchase and won't be looking for upgrade for next 10 years may be.
Hi Arun ... I,too, am in Pune. I bought a 2.1 stereo last year, Yamaha N803 amplifier along with Elac Debut 6.2 Floorstanders and a subwoofer. Sounds quite OK, but is very dependent on source quality. I want to expand this to a 3.2 setup, am looking for options.

Have you bought your system?
BTW, your profile location says Trivandrum.

This is very true.

Just recently I got myself a HD650 as I wanted to make use of the headphone output of my Marantz PM8006 and I am less than inspired.

The sounds falls way short of HD650 fame.

I later learnt that PM8006 doesnt have a separate headphone circuitry and it just steps down the speaker output.

However, going by this review your amp is a fairly competent one in this regard.

I have bought a dedicated headphone amplifier. Creative Soundblaster X5 (got it from the US) and use it to drive my headphones including HD650. The sound is definitely a cut above the rest of my headphones, including Beyerdynamics.

This is very true.

Just recently I got myself a HD650 as I wanted to make use of the headphone output of my Marantz PM8006 and I am less than inspired.

The sounds falls way short of HD650 fame.

I later learnt that PM8006 doesnt have a separate headphone circuitry and it just steps down the speaker output.

However, going by this review your amp is a fairly competent one in this regard.

You need a quality headphone amp. These headphones scale to very high levels with proper amplification. Plug them into even a entry level headphone amp rated to drive 300ohms headphones and you will hear the difference. Secondly your source of music ought to be pretty good as well. Since they are open back you have to hear them in a quite environment. Its not going to do edm, techno and such stuff well. Classical, jazz, any acoustic, blues, country, vintage pop sound very good. The headphones were made in the 90’s and very early 2000’s so the designers would be exposed to the above mentioned genre's mostly.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back