Headphones you own; why you love them

I have Mad Dog headphones from Mr.Speakers (now Dan Clarke Audio) and it is a mod of Fostex T50RP. I love it, I guess mainly because of the orthodynamic drivers.

I needed a comfortable over the ear ANC headphone for office meetings. Requirements were following:

1. Budget - within 10k
2. Had to be comfortable
3. Didn't need audiophile grade sound - but decent sound was required
4. Usb 3.0 charging
5. ANC

Did post a post for suggestions here but didn't get any help. After much research, got the Skullcandy Hesh ANC. Have been using for more than 6 months now and have been super happy. I recommend it to everyone with similar needs. I know Skullcandy is not a brand when it comes to sound quality but this one does the job.

Pros
Very comfortable with just about the right clamping pressure. One can wear it for several hours.
Holds more than 20 hours of charge
Quick charging time
Blocks most of the noise
MIC quality is very good(dual MIC)
Above average sound reproduction - not bass heavy
Good bulid quality. The radius of my skull is large and I don't face any issues.

Cons
Not of audiophile grade
No low latency aptex support. Bluetooth sound bitrate is limited. Not a deal breaker though.

Original price was approximately 19.5k. Got it for 10.5k including free shipping. Bought directly from Skullcandy India.

Hi Chandu,

I have tried the below ones under 10/15k and would recommend you to read further on the below
i) Etymotics ER2XR
ii) Ikko OH10

Both should suit really well for bollywood , the ER2XR are deep inserts but are still comfortable. Ikko is slightly heavy and needs proper holders to stay put.

In addition a new Planar IEM gaining traction is the Timeless 7HZ.

All of these should run comfortably on Chord Mojo.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back