Heavenly Experience with Speakers worth Billions :)

music4mhell

Hello All,

Yesterday, i went to a Electronics store call "Yodabashi AKiba" based in Akihabara, and if i am not wrong it's the biggest store in Japan only for electronics.

They had a big floor for all HiFi components.

Damn, and i got lost in those speakers, i got to taste the flavor of speakers worth > 1 Million INR and same for Amps (Tubes too :D).

The best thing was, they have so many rooms for audition with everything automated.

They have the switcher for Amps, CD players & speakers.

Means if you have 50 Speakers, 20 Amps, 10 Players, and then do your permutation & combinations and you can audition every possible combinations and change the combination in just one click in second. And this is only for one room :).

I was so fascinated, on sat i spent around 4 hours on same floor and on Sun i again went there and spent another 5 hours.

I just felt like sharing this experience, i am lucky that i am able to audition these many combinations :)

Ok i have nt noted, this sat n sun i will go again :D

On a high level i auditioned ..

Dali speakers (diff genres)
B&W ...
Onkyo
Quad
Tannoy
Monitor Audio
Kailash
Yamaha
Pioneer

In Amps

Triode
Marantz
Yamaha
Onkyo
Denon
Pioneer

Aur mujhe recall nahin ho raha he :D

Music4mhell,

Thanks for sharing the info. Japan is a Hi fi Heaven.Could you share some Made in Japan Brands (Non popular ones) which impressed you.

Non popular one's might be cheaper too and quality of build and music reproduction could be equivalent to hi end brand.

I came to know that a Brand Tangent from China based company and they are decent entry level.

So there should be someting from Japan for sure :)

BTW,Are you planning to pick some stuff from Japan ? Or just going to Indefinite loop on Audition :)

Music4mhell,

Thanks for sharing the info. Japan is a Hi fi Heaven.Could you share some Made in Japan Brands (Non popular ones) which impressed you.

Non popular one's might be cheaper too and quality of build and music reproduction could be equivalent to hi end brand.

I came to know that a Brand Tangent from China based company and they are decent entry level.

So there should be someting from Japan for sure :)

BTW,Are you planning to pick some stuff from Japan ? Or just going to Indefinite loop on Audition :)

To be frank i will just audition :D

I have decided (Mostly) to buy

Sonodyne Sonus 2605 V3
+ Sonodyne SIA 320/ Yamaha AS500/501 (No Marantz PM series cause they don't have SUB/Pre out except PM8005 model, which is out of my budget for now :) )
+ one Active subwoofer
+ One wireless DAC (not bluetooth)

I know this look a simple HIFI, please forgive me because it's my first draft.

I will check all not so famous brands this week and will share my experience :)

Hello All,

The best thing was, they have so many rooms for audition with everything automated.

They have the switcher for Amps, CD players & speakers.

Means if you have 50 Speakers, 20 Amps, 10 Players, and then do your permutation & combinations and you can audition every possible combinations and change the combination in just one click in second. And this is only for one room :).

This seems to be something out of fairly land! If possible, can you try to check how it actually happens at the backend? If you are not physically changing the cables then it is pre-recorded combos? I doubt that...so would be looking forward to know the magic trick :)

This seems to be something out of fairly land! If possible, can you try to check how it actually happens at the backend? If you are not physically changing the cables then it is pre-recorded combos? I doubt that...so would be looking forward to know the magic trick :)

Hmm , i will tell you whats happening on backend , i did some RnD on that day to find out what's really happening on back :D

So Speakers, Amps and Players, all are active and on (players having different CDs playing inside them respectively)

And there is a Big SWITCH having so many numbers on in, Like under CD there are 1-10 numbers, under Amp 1-20 numbers, on Speakers 1-60 numbers
And on the display every Amp, Players , Speakers have a number in front of it which represent the same number which is mentioned on the SWITCH.

So it's the SWITCH which create all the combinations and you can have any combination playing there :)

I hope i am not that bad in explaining things.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back