heed help for buy a home theater

sathish ragav

Hi guys,

I m planing to buy a home theater. My choices Onkyo 3500 & pioneer HTP-RS30.
I don't have a tv now going to buy a tv about 6 month.Present i like to connect with my pc,I have high end computer.
My question here,
Is possible to connect a home theater to my computer,Please guys help me out.

You can connect home theater in two ways - use HDMI out or S/PDIF out (optical or coaxial). If your PC has hdmi out then use it.

Hi guys,

I m planing to buy a home theater. My choices Onkyo 3500 & pioneer HTP-RS30.
I don't have a tv now going to buy a tv about 6 month.Present i like to connect with my pc,I have high end computer.
My question here,
Is possible to connect a home theater to my computer,Please guys help me out.

Hi, I need your computer specs and budget for HT in order to be able to guide you.

You can connect home theater in two ways - use HDMI out or S/PDIF out (optical or coaxial). If your PC has hdmi out then use it.

Firstly Satish my apologies for hijacking your thread.
@baijuxavior, so you are saying if I have a laptop with HDMI outlet then I can connect this to my Onkyo 3500? So that I can play audio from it?

And how do I do it? Also can I connect my laptop to AVR to watch movies?

Connecting laptop to avr to listen to music is quite simple. Connect the hdmi cable between 2 devices. Play music from the laptop. If you dont get any sound through the speakers then go to control panel -> audio settings-> and select hdmi/avr from there.

You can also watch movies by connecting laptop to avr. Of course you would need a tv/projector etc connected to the avr as well.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back