Hegel H80 vs Arcam A39

Borrowed a friend's LS 50 for the occasion.
Ok. Ok. Ok. Now it get it. Yes. I believe you. But again my ears may not have picked out the difference as well. thanks. I have ls50 and love them with Parasound. But have been thinking to add a sub and upgrade the amplifier. I will take your vote for Hegel. Also if someone has a pointer to low cost DAC with builtin preamp and remote I would love to create a minimalist system with DAC, Power amp and speaker. Hegel will do it but if I keep my Parasound I would like to just add the dac and get rid of my bug preamp with tens of input options and sound processing options.

Finally got Exposure 3010S2 Mono-blocks. Running directly from a Chord Mojo. Now, I need to start thinking about the speakers but that's on next year's agenda.

Attachments

• IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Congratulations, kindly share your experience on the amps.
Where did you buy the amps from?

Thank you JayaRaa. I got it from Audio Dynamics at Koramangala.

Excellent setup Otpidus....Do share your feedback on the Exposure monos...

Regarding the Amps, its just too early to comment as they are burning in. Initial impression is hugely positive, very dynamic, deep strong taught bass, ever so slightly rolled off treble but overall quite crisp and detailed but the sound signature is changing as it burns in, so I have to resist the urge of passing comments on any transient impression.

Last edited:
Congratulations Otpidus!

Thank you.

Congratulations on the power blocks. Any plans for a pre?

Thank you. At this moment I am quite content with the Chord Mojo's performance. Although, I have a plan to borrow the matching 3010S2 Pre for a weekend but unless something magical happens I am in favour of Dac to Power Amp.

Last edited:
With adequate hours put up on the amplifiers, I feel confident of my judgement about the Exposure 3010S2 Mono's. Highs are silky smooth and sounds very delicately rounded off at the very extreme, not at all bright per say. Mids / Vocals are open, rich, smooth, full and very present. Bass is taught, deeply impact-full and times very well with rhythm. Dynamics are truly excellent, power delivery should be absolutely more than adequate for home listening even at uncomfortable decibels. Low volume listening doesn't rob sonic enjoyment. Lastly, a half'n hour warm up sets the amps to perform optimally.

Last edited:
hi

did you consider an exposure 3010 s2 integrated ?

whats your pre-amp like ?

regards

I'm selling a my brand new Creek Classic A53 since I bought an Usher R1.5. The Creek is with the dealer since I took audition for about 4 or 5 hours loved it ,paid an advance then fell in love with the Usher and bought it. Let me know if you want it. You will get the full 1 year warranty with Bill in your name.

hi

did you consider an exposure 3010 s2 integrated ?

whats your pre-amp like ?

regards

I did consider the integrated but I am more inclined to run DAC/Pre to Power Amp, moreover during listening the mono-blocks were evidently more effortlessly punchy with a lot more power and wonderful imaging. Currently I am using a Chord Mojo as my DAC/Pre.

I'm selling a my brand new Creek Classic A53 since I bought an Usher R1.5. The Creek is with the dealer since I took audition for about 4 or 5 hours loved it ,paid an advance then fell in love with the Usher and bought it. Let me know if you want it. You will get the full 1 year warranty with Bill in your name.

Aanuj, thanks for your offer but I am quite content with my new purchase and congratulations to you on acquiring the Ushers. I have heard it and it truly sounds marvelous, however I was really worried about the size, heat and power consumption.

Congrats on your purchase the Exposures are a brilliant buy, I completely missed you bought your amplifier .... I would suggest you a Tube Pre Amp with the Exposures if you are in to Classic Rock and commercial stuff as I don't always listen to James Taylor or Diana Krall and the likes. That's what I found out off late.

Yes the Usher sounds superb,its a love at first sight and forever kinda amplifier, ( hence the creek advance was even looked over) yes heat ,weight and size are serious concerns and then the recurring cost of power bills,it consumes 55 watts even when switched off at its front panel but connected to the wall!!!!!!

Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase the Exposures are a brilliant buy, I completely missed you bought your amplifier .... I would suggest you a Tube Pre Amp with the Exposures if you are in to Classic Rock and commercial stuff as I don't always listen to James Taylor or Diana Krall and the likes. That's what I found out off late.

Yes the Usher sounds superb,its a love at first sight and forever kinda amplifier, ( hence the creek advance was even looked over) yes heat ,weight and size are serious concerns and then the recurring cost of power bills,it consumes 55 watts even when switched off at its front panel but connected to the wall!!!!!!

55 Watts when connected but switched off !!! That's just mind blowing. This means the supply rail of your Usher is never disconnected and the super sized capacitors are cycled and trickled even when powered down.

Last edited:
55 Watts when connected but switched off !!! That's just mind blowing. This means the supply rail of your Usher is never disconnected and the super sized capacitors are cycled and trickled even when powered down.

Yes. The power rails are never off. At full rated power it consumes 720 watts from the wall and 375 watts in normal operation and shoots off there after, hence its safe to connect it to a 15amp or over power line, I use an Air-conditioner's power socket and it sound it's best that way. And then the heat, I can never let it run here in Kolkata without the AC,even with the AC the fins are at a constant 45/50C and I have a 2.7 year old curious little soul at home,so have to be very very careful on that front.

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back