Hello all... please help to get 5.1 audio in my laptop

Naveenbnc

Hello all, in my realtek audio settings - audio channels, STERIO option is there.
But 5.1 option is not there.
Due to this, my center channel is not working in my yamaha avr. It is showing sterio mode only.

Please see the attached image.
Please help me to get 5.1 audio from my laptop.
a93837b95ac8c4e0b1f19cdada964c69.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Hello all, in my realtek audio settings - audio channels, STERIO option is there.
But 5.1 option is not there.
Due to this, my center channel is not working in my yamaha avr. It is showing sterio mode only.

Hmm why would the laptop show you multichannel output? Have you connected your receiver to the laptop? The inbuilt sound card seems to be Stereo only. Once you connect a multi channel receiver via HDMI, windows will pick it up as a multi channel sound device and list it.

MaSh

i connected the laptop to avr with HDMI. Still the center channel is not working. Even in the avr display also it is showing L&R channels as working.

The problem is I tried to bitstream audio to avr and distrubed many settings in my laptop:eek:hyeah:

I will see if I can review all the changes I did, and do some corrections.

Your hdmi audio seems disabled in laptop. Only the analog output is enabled. I have no idea how to turn it on. In my PC it was enabled from the beginning

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

i connected the laptop to avr with HDMI. Still the center channel is not working. Even in the avr display also it is showing L&R channels as working.

The problem is I tried to bitstream audio to avr and distrubed many settings in my laptop:eek:hyeah:

I will see if I can review all the changes I did, and do some corrections.

Ahh now I understand better. Which video chip does your laptop have? If intel, go to the Intel website and download the latest drivers. Dont try searching for new drivers from within windows, high probability it will say that your drivers are latest. So go to the website and search for your chip model.

What I am thinking is that default windows drivers are getting used which are Stereo only. Ideally when you connect the HDMI, windows should recognize the receiver as a multi channel device automatically. Latest drivers should help you here. In a desktop, this happens after the drivers for the added graphics card are installed.

MaSh

Check if AC 97 advanced codec is installed properly. That might fix the issue.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back