Hello everyone. It's my first post! Basshead needs help buying new high end setup.!

Yogesh Khadtare

Hey guys am crazy audiophile who keeps upgrading home & car audio systems periodically. I have upgraded 12 car audio setups in same car in last 4 years! Current setup is Pioneer TS-W3002D4 champion pro 3500 watts competition level sub(1000w rms) with double din Pioneer head unit 2 pairs of speakers Sony monoblock amp (on the way of upgrade) . Anyways coming to the point of home audio I had couple of Hifi systems by Sony a custom setup like vintage akai amp with car audio subs den currently purchased Sony 5.1ch home theater system (1000w rms) but all this wasn't able to satisfy me at all! Am pure Basshead & now looking for something massive for my room! I have shortlisted some setups like follows. 1- some DJ amplifier which will throw total 2000w rms with 4 car audio subs like Pioneer champions in huge enclosure tuned down to 25hz! The amp will be connected to some Hifi system by subwoofer out rca & for mids & highs Hifi system stock speakers will be sufficient for me. 2- Sony HT-M5 or something like that of capabilities around 1.5kw rms with dual subs. Well I have budget of 30-50k but looking for setup which will be bang for bucks so that if it's not satisfactory for me I will sell it off with least loss! My main requirement is extreme lows which will give the vibrations in whole room! To know my taste checkout my

Re: Hello everyone. It's my first post! Basshead needs help buying new high end setup

Hey guys am crazy audiophile who keeps upgrading home & car audio systems periodically. I have upgraded 12 car audio setups in same car in last 4 years! Current setup is Pioneer TS-W3002D4 champion pro 3500 watts competition level sub(1000w rms) with double din Pioneer head unit 2 pairs of speakers Sony monoblock amp (on the way of upgrade) . Anyways coming to the point of home audio I had couple of Hifi systems by Sony a custom setup like vintage akai amp with car audio subs den currently purchased Sony 5.1ch home theater system (1000w rms) but all this wasn't able to satisfy me at all! Am pure Basshead & now looking for something massive for my room! I have shortlisted some setups like follows. 1- some DJ amplifier which will throw total 2000w rms with 4 car audio subs like Pioneer champions in huge enclosure tuned down to 25hz! The amp will be connected to some Hifi system by subwoofer out rca & for mids & highs Hifi system stock speakers will be sufficient for me. 2- Sony HT-M5 or something like that of capabilities around 1.5kw rms with dual subs. Well I have budget of 30-50k but looking for setup which will be bang for bucks so that if it's not satisfactory for me I will sell it off with least loss! My main requirement is extreme lows which will give the vibrations in whole room! To know my taste checkout my

I don't know what car you drive; presuming that it is not Merc S-class or Bimmer 7 series or something of similar stature. Cost of a real high end set up can surpass the cost of your car. No offence but 30K - 50K for new high end set up, in my opinion is zilch :)

Re: Hello everyone. It's my first post! Basshead needs help buying new high end setup

Hi Yogesh,
1. You did not complete your post.
2. It is not clear whether you are looking for a proper home audio setup or a car audio setup in your home where you will have the speaker boxes fabricated.
3. Would suggest you visit some dealers, let them know your preferences and let them suggest the best options within your budget.
4. Stop wasting money on frequent pointless upgrades and enjoy the music rather than the system. Buy something once and for all. Your budget could have probably been much higher if you had done so earlier.

Extremely sorry to be late guys! I din got any mail reminder for ur replies so thought my post isn't moderated by administration yet! Anyways u people are awesome but u took me wrong! Am not pure audiophile am basshead! If u get demo of my car audio what u Will have is just concentrated bass without noticeable treble or vocals! I want same setup in home which will throw just loud bass without irritating mids & highs(it's my personal taste indeed)! I know what u people mean by high end systems u mean I should have Decent AV receiver like marantz, Yamaha, etc with sophisticated 5.1 speakers +subwoofer Combo which will cost way way higher than budget I have quoted! Anyways coming to the point as I said earlier I want something which will get easily sold off if it failed to satisfy me! I listen just to hip-hop, raps by gucci mane, wiz Khalifa, Lil Wayne, Lil Jon, etc. I will get 4 subs with enclosure 20k+ amp 20k(if I plan to use car amp on inverter) + small Hifi/dvd player system 15k so overall it fits in 50-60k it seems. So my question if is it worth to make all such customized setup & will it work better than Sony HT-M5 5.2 channel home theater system? I have shortlisted Sony HT-M5 just because I found best reviews for bass oriented system! Anyways have someone tried car audio subwoofer driver's in home? I tried once but that was on way underpowered vintage akai amp which fried up in minutes lol! Sorry for such long reply but m overexcited right now! Thanks for responding to all! Live Loud!!!

Guy is mainly interested in bass !!

Anyways, I was thinking that maybe the way to 'grab his attention' in the first place (because that is whats needed for a person to even start listening to you) is to assemble a system for him that would be maybe just 'Sony-level' in mids & highs BUT also has high quality bass.

Maybe when he will hear the difference in bass quality, then he will be persuaded to listen to advice on this forum.

Just a conjecture for everyone !

Yogesh,
You're in my wavelength. I am already running car systems at home. Full time.
10 years and never had a complaint. Ofcourse it's a SQ type system with very balanced output and no frequency holes.

I am not able to locate the posts/threads where i we've had healthy discussions about using a car audio at home. Anyways, Drop me a line and i'll be able to reply. Your posts are still little confusing about what you want to achieve.

P-S Stop making unncesessary duplicate posts, explain us well and give us some time, we shall explain.

Well guys I got my new Sony HT-M5 5.2ch component home theater system today just seeing the reviews of the unit. Din got demo before purchase as that wasn't available! I heard system just for 10mins as got it today only! People say we can't turn volume more than 40 but even around 50 playing songs like gucci mane, Lil Wayne, wiz Khalifa etc I wasn't at all surprised! Still needs lots of tuning as per my taste & for now as system is brand new I din place subs on floor yet! Soon will get it done. But after alot alot of demos & research I din found any home audio system which can throws lows below 70hz also! My car audio Pioneer TS-W 3002D4 champion PRO subwoofer throws windshield flexing lows even Below 30hz am looking for such bass in ma room! Anyways for mids & highs this system is fine with little Midbass! Now my. Next upgrade will be one amp for car subwoofers & pair of car subwoofers with this setup! I know it's too much but I hope at least this will satisfy me! Another thing is I have purposefully kept this unit in small room to know it's performance but still I wasn't surprised! Would subs & main speakers on floor make huge difference? I will try it later. I will update the performance upgrade if any after playing with settings.

I think you need Cerwin Vega

Yougesh, you're serverly confused and just spending money.
Make a plan first.

Thanks guys. I used Sony micro vault pen drive & made some settings now it's banging well! I think it will take time for break in period!

Back