Hello Friends

I have the e-mail address of the Chennai dealer. He has a website too. But i am not sure where i have saved. I will do my best to search for it
If you can, you just buy the monitors as of now and when you have enough funds you can go for the subwoofer - bx10
I have a friend who is using m-audio bx8a monitor and bx10 sub woofer and he said the sound is just amazing.
That friend of mine is a very big dj in india and a sound engineer and also in music production, so i can trust his word
Anupam, i really doubt the power will be less for you but i feel you should look for quality sound rather then quantity of sound. Then too just mention what is the size of your room
Someone from the forum can help you decide if that much power is enough for you.
Also did you check the Samson setup?
If it comes within your budget range it wont be a bad deal

^^^ I am still struggling to understand the "Quality" speakers and feel need some demo and some more time before to decide upon which one. Is there any demo possible in Delhi, any shop etc u know.

So presently i am deciding for a sound card(carlo plus+; it's good to hear that they work with Vista), grado SR80.

Do you think i need a Headphone amp, to explore the headphone fully? If yes, then which (VFM) can be bought.

Also one more thing, is it good that one should buy external sound card only to minimize electrical noise, that it is exposed to inside a PC cabinet?

Also one more thing, is it good that one should buy external sound card only to minimize electrical noise, that it is exposed to inside a PC cabinet?

There are pros and cons of both internal and external sound cards. This is a debatable subject. I personally prefer internal cards over external ones.

I am fine Ranjeet. Was just busy with work and internet was not working fine.
I had tried to send you a PM many times some weeks back but it bounced back as your box was full

You had asked me which sound card do i use
Well i use Terratec Aureon Universe 7.1. Hardware wise it is quiet good but the software put is a big let down
I just wish i had gone for Auzentech or HT Omega Claro which i have suggested to Anupam

Anupam
You mean you are getting Claro plus card in india?

:)

For how much?

By the way i got the contact o M-audio dealer in delhi

Aditya Infotech
Mr. Anil Pruthi - 09313891845

My friend was quoted 25k with bill and 22k without bill for bx8as monitors and another 25k for the sub

No No.
There is a dealer located in Mumbai who will buy that for me frm Newegg, if I place the order. So the final price is inclusive of everything.

What do you think is it low or high?

No No.
There is a dealer located in Mumbai who will buy that for me frm Newegg, if I place the order. So the final price is inclusive of everything.

What do you think is it low or high?

If you consider the price as 174 + max 6 $ as shipping and take the dollar rate as 42 it comes to Rs 7560/-

So you are paying something like 2000 extra. If you have someone coming from USA wait else you can go for this deal.
The dealer would obviously keep some profit. By the way whats the name of the dealer?

Coming back from demo of M-audio at Bharat music store. :D
The box sound pretty good, but not mind blowing as they put the two box(out of the packet) on the table and played from PC in the shop.

And the environment was so noisy. So very bad demo for me. But that didn't let me overlook the potential. Even the man who was helping me said to buy good sound card and a mixer. I wish i could get some more demo and chance to compare few more monitors. Any other showroom available in Delhi which display more varieties.

Coming back from demo of M-audio at Bharat music store. :D
The box sound pretty good, but not mind blowing as they put the two box(out of the packet) on the table and played from PC in the shop.

And the environment was so noisy. So very bad demo for me. But that didn't let me overlook the potential. Even the man who was helping me said to buy good sound card and a mixer. I wish i could get some more demo and chance to compare few more monitors. Any other showroom available in Delhi which display more varieties.

Why do you need a mixer Anupam? Are you into deejaying?

Secondly, the sound depend highly on the source material as we all know.
I would recomened you to get a demo from Aditya infotech and take a audio cd which you hear it quiet often

Also, what i have learnt from others on this forum is that speakers and amps need to be run in before the sound opens up and they work to their potential. As you say, they opened brand new pieces for you to give a demo. So that can also make a difference

Last edited:
I talked with Aditya Infotech in the mornning, they told me demo/ sales can only be done through their resellers like "Bharat Music stores".

regarding the mixer, i have no idea. The shop man was pressing me for that. :D

Anyway in next hunt for demo i'll surely bring my own CD.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back