Hello from Andhra

kkolasani

Hi folks,

I've recently started my home theater journey by buying my first TV, A 65 inch B2 from LG about 3 months ago for vijayadasami.

I have a home lab where I store Blu-ray movies and run a Jellyfin home media server to stream them onto my TV. The content I consume has bitrates around 50Mbps and Dolby TrueHD soundtracks, which I'm not able to take advantage of. The audio from them is decent, but not enough.

When I decided to upgrade my sound system for sankranti, I went to the retailer I got my TV from, and he's suggesting an LG SC9S 3.1.3 soundbar with 3 up firing speakers for Dolby Atmos, however, they didn't blow me away. I have since then started researching and found that most soundbars are inferior to a proper home theater system with AV receivers and fancy speakers, but that's about all I understand.

My budget is around the 30k - 40k mark, I have an option to get the 3.1.3 soundbar for 30k and, and I am struggling to find a home theater in that budget, most AV receivers start from 50k. I thought I could ask help from you guys.

Sorry for putting all this in the intro post itself, but thanks in advance.

Hi folks,

I've recently started my home theater journey by buying my first TV, A 65 inch B2 from LG about 3 months ago for vijayadasami.

I have a home lab where I store Blu-ray movies and run a Jellyfin home media server to stream them onto my TV. The content I consume has bitrates around 50Mbps and Dolby TrueHD soundtracks, which I'm not able to take advantage of. The audio from them is decent, but not enough.

When I decided to upgrade my sound system for sankranti, I went to the retailer I got my TV from, and he's suggesting an LG SC9S 3.1.3 soundbar with 3 up firing speakers for Dolby Atmos, however, they didn't blow me away. I have since then started researching and found that most soundbars are inferior to a proper home theater system with AV receivers and fancy speakers, but that's about all I understand.

My budget is around the 30k - 40k mark, I have an option to get the 3.1.3 soundbar for 30k and, and I am struggling to find a home theater in that budget, most AV receivers start from 50k. I thought I could ask help from you guys.

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

If the post / response to you helps in any way, use the 'Like' button which is located at the right hand bottom of the post. This helps to build up positive reputation for the FM (Fellow Member).

Hope you have a great journey here!

If you are open to pre owned then check classified or OLX or Facebook Market place, I am sure you may find at least entry level 5.1 system with the current budget, possibly if you increase your budget you may get an Atmos one.

Depending on your listening area you will need to get a capable AVR to handle that much output to cover that area.

All the best

Hi folks,

It is better you go the used route.
Buy a DolbyTrueHD/ Dts master audio capable receiver with decent wattage for 25 to 30k.
Good bookshelf speakers for 20 to 25k.
Use the avr in stereo mode.
Don't worry,if you are coming from tv speakers, the output from what I suggested is very very good.
Then as things permit add subwoofer, center speaker and sorrounds.
My sincere advice is don't spend on soundbar.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back