Hello From Chennai

venkatcr

Hello everybody. I am Venkat from Chennai, and I have been dreaming about a top notch Home Theater for quite some time. I have 75% of my dream equipment, and am now struggling with consultants and contractors for room acoustics.

I have a room that is about 2200 cubic feet I am shortlisting the MAT Septum KL from Anutone as the material to use for my room acoustics.

My equipment list is as follows:

1. Akai 32 inch Bravo LCD Screen. This is standby and will be replaced by a 52 inch screen.
2. Onkyo 875 receiver.
3. Wharfedale 9.5 front speakers, bookshelfs, dipole, and center speakers.
4. HSU Research Subwoofer.
5. Oppo 983 as the main DVD Player.
6. Pioneer DV 400 as the standby DVD Player.
7. Cables from various companies including DAC, van Den Hul, AR and Monster.

I also have Aperion Audio Bookshelf and Center speaker, but these I plan to use for Audio in my bedroom.

If anyone has any suggestions regarding room acoustics, I would welcome them.

I have a slightly old model the VTF-2, and I picked it from their dealer in Singapore. From Singapore I brought it to India as personal baggage.

Hello everybody. I am Venkat from Chennai, and I have been dreaming about a top notch Home Theater for quite some time. I have 75% of my dream equipment, and am now struggling with consultants and contractors for room acoustics.

I have a room that is about 2200 cubic feet I am shortlisting the MAT Septum KL from Anutone as the material to use for my room acoustics.

There is this members glads, in chennai, who has got a consultant for room acoustics, he is getting his home theatre done, see if he can help you on this.

There are many articles by members on room acoustics, please do some quick find, after reading these posts, see what are the queries you would like to raise.

I have around 20 pictures on this site, of my mini theatre, which includes when it was in the making, there are pictures also of how i have done my acoustic work.

I request you to be careful with the consultants, because to find one will be very difficult, and then if you will get someone, you may not be surprised that his knowledge is much less then half baked, and the charges which he would talk for consultancy will be huge, i have seen a case of some consultant who has copied the way i have done the room acoustics, and guess what, even that copying, he has not done properly, and god only knows how much money this consultant flicked.

To conclude, there are several members over here, who know enough on acoustics, please seek their help, but request them to be specific to your needs.

Vinay.

Thanks Vinay. I have already seen the lack of knowledge of the consultants. All of them seem very interested to know what equipment I have, more than helping me with the acoustics. Actually they seem to lose interest very quickly when they see how adamant I am about the equipment. They realise they cannot dump some of their equipment on me and start bad mouthing stuff I have.

I will most probably end up doing the room myself. I am looking for a sound engineer to help me measure the sound in various parts of the room as I build the room acoustics. If I don't find anybody I will end up doing this myself again.

BTW, in one of your threads I saw your concern about spoiling your DVD player by using non-original DVDs. I have a simple solution for this. Have 2 DVD players! I use a Pioneer DV 400 for DVDs I am not sure about. I dont expect the DVD Player to last for more than a year or so. I will just throw it away and buy a new one. This player costs about INR 4000 and gives decent picture and sound. I also have a Pioneer 585 that has lasted three years of abuse!!!

GLADS, if you see this thread please let me know how to get in touch with you. I would like to take some help from your consultant.

Hi! Venky,

Can u pm me the cost please and from where did u purchase.:D
2. Onkyo 875 receiver. -
3. Wharfedale 9.5 front speakers, bookshelfs, dipole, and center speakers.-
4. HSU Research Subwoofer. -
-------------------------------------------------

My equipment list is as follows:

1. Akai 32 inch Bravo LCD Screen. This is standby and will be replaced by a 52 inch screen.
2. Onkyo 875 receiver.
3. Wharfedale 9.5 front speakers, bookshelfs, dipole, and center speakers.
4. HSU Research Subwoofer.
5. Oppo 983 as the main DVD Player.
6. Pioneer DV 400 as the standby DVD Player.
7. Cables from various companies including DAC, van Den Hul, AR and Monster.

I also have Aperion Audio Bookshelf and Center speaker, but these I plan to use for Audio in my bedroom.

Venkat, your posts are a pleasure to read and a treasure trove. I read about your setup in the forum. Would love to see it some day :). By the way I live in Gandhinagar, Adyar.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back