Hello from Chennai

skiddyrow

Hi everyone, pleasure to be on these forums. I've been lurking around for a while now - finally signed up! Lot's of great information here and friendly folk so I look forward to being a part of the forum

I've been in IT all my career and am now head of IT at a leading manufacturing firm, but also am a DJ and I also produce / remix my own music in my modest home studio. I also spent a couple of years running a home theatre store (retail / installs) in the late 90s, but except for the regular What HiFi and similar magazine readings, am not as involved in the scene as I used to be. Hopefully that will change once I am active on the forums.

My setup: Was planning to pick up a HTS sometime early next year but thanks to a couple of good deals have already acquired my speakers and receiver to add to my existing system. Got a good deal on the Mission 5.1 (MV8 Floorstanders, Sub, Centre and surrounds for 24K) off eBay during Diwali (which a few other forum members also seem to have picked up) and also got a good deal on the Onkyo 608 in the US (for $399 including shipping) which I've brought back to India. Thanks to the forum posts I have also picked up a Maxine 1.5 KVA step down transformer to handle the 110v AVR voltage. Besides this I have a 46" Sony Bravia W series and a PS3 Slim, Western Digital WDTV Live with a 2TB HDD, Philips HDMI DVD player and Tata Sky.

Have posted a query in the accessories section regarding power / load - hopefully one of you can help.

If any of you are on twitter, you can find me at Siddharth Rao (skiddyrow) on Twitter

Cheers,

Sid

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back