Hello from Chennai

skiddyrow

Hi everyone, pleasure to be on these forums. I've been lurking around for a while now - finally signed up! Lot's of great information here and friendly folk so I look forward to being a part of the forum

I've been in IT all my career and am now head of IT at a leading manufacturing firm, but also am a DJ and I also produce / remix my own music in my modest home studio. I also spent a couple of years running a home theatre store (retail / installs) in the late 90s, but except for the regular What HiFi and similar magazine readings, am not as involved in the scene as I used to be. Hopefully that will change once I am active on the forums.

My setup: Was planning to pick up a HTS sometime early next year but thanks to a couple of good deals have already acquired my speakers and receiver to add to my existing system. Got a good deal on the Mission 5.1 (MV8 Floorstanders, Sub, Centre and surrounds for 24K) off eBay during Diwali (which a few other forum members also seem to have picked up) and also got a good deal on the Onkyo 608 in the US (for $399 including shipping) which I've brought back to India. Thanks to the forum posts I have also picked up a Maxine 1.5 KVA step down transformer to handle the 110v AVR voltage. Besides this I have a 46" Sony Bravia W series and a PS3 Slim, Western Digital WDTV Live with a 2TB HDD, Philips HDMI DVD player and Tata Sky.

Have posted a query in the accessories section regarding power / load - hopefully one of you can help.

If any of you are on twitter, you can find me at Siddharth Rao (skiddyrow) on Twitter

Cheers,

Sid

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back