Hello from Chennai!

x10d

Hello friends,

I'm happy to be part of this family of AV enthusiasts and hope to clear several cobwebs about this one passion of mine; the other being automobiles.

I guess it all started when one of our "Gulf" neighbors back in Malluland landed with a "Silver" stereo deck system when I was still in primary school. The BoneyMs and ABBA tapes just sounded too good to be believable; after years of low-fi on National Panasonic Mono and Stereo 2in1s, this was Nirvana. So the bug was planted and the dream of one-day-I-Will-have-mine-too was taking shape.

Nothing much happened for several years, except that two of my bros also joined in the dream. Our first separate system was a clarion car HU with an assembled HRC 50W amp and home made towers (we managed to dismantle two old benches for the panels I remember) with two 8 inch woofers and a dome tweeter, network et all. Suddenly we had a rig to belt out Iron Maiden (my fav then), Metallica and heaps of other mostly metal tapes; this system belted heavy metal for several years.

The doors of perception were finally opened when I had a chance encounter with a true audiophile who made me understand that the Bose 201s I had in my van was not the end of the road.

To cut the long story short; after several hits and misses with many different makes of kit I now have a humble hi-fi stereo and HT system which I quite enjoy.

STEREO : CD63 MKII KI, Project Debut 3, Advance acoustic MAP103 amp, MF x10d and MS Avant 904i speakers.

HT : Panasonic pv8, Yamaha RX-v430, eltax front and rear satellites and Mission M3AS sub.

Cheers Guys and hope to learn a lot from the forum!

welcome friend

almost a similar story everyone has here on our journey to whatever set up we have right now..also wondering what and when to upgrade next..!! ;)wishing you a pleasant stay here..!!

cheers
ganesh

x10d,
Welcome to the forum. I too got the separates bug after listening to Technics and Kenwood separates in 'gulf', a lil bit of a Gulf Mallu myself.
Nice bit of kit you have got, enjoy.
Titus

Welcome to the Forum, Friend. Have a nice time :).

Your Equipments are excellent. Advance Acoustic MAP103 is a lovely amp!!:licklips:

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back