Hello from Hari

hari07

Hi Everyone , This is Hari Krishnan from Navi Mumbai a senior mangement person from finanancial services firm, I am looking to buy Dune HD Max Bluray Media Player and Denon AVR 1911 which have been quoted as Rs.34,000 & Rs,42,000 . However in usa shopping site -ebay it is quoting only around 400 dollars (Rs,20,000 approx). so can i buy it there or will i have to pay taxes when i bring it here. - Thanking you in advance

hi and welcome

there has already been a lot of discussions on the topic you bring. i suggest you browse through the threads and you shall have your answers

Hi Hari,

The Denon AVR will come to around 30-32K with shipping and customs, there is a fellow member selling Denon 891 for 35K, you might be interested to buy that.

Also, if you get from USA, you have to invest in a step down transformer due to the voltage difference.

Hi Everyone , This is Hari Krishnan from Navi Mumbai a senior mangement person from finanancial services firm, I am looking to buy Dune HD Max Bluray Media Player and Denon AVR 1911 which have been quoted as Rs.34,000 & Rs,42,000 . However in usa shopping site -ebay it is quoting only around 400 dollars (Rs,20,000 approx). so can i buy it there or will i have to pay taxes when i bring it here. - Thanking you in advance
Hari Om! Welcome to HFV.

USA will anyday be cheapest for electronics. But add shipping and duty plus dealer profit, makes it expensive in India. If you import, you will have to bear the shipping cost and customs duty at the minimum.

Dear All

Thanks for your warm welcome and useful suggestions . I have Denin AVR- 1907 currently . I was looking to upgrade it as this does not have HDMI input. I will refer to the threads you have mentioned for this

one more thought Hari. before i joined the forum i also thought myself to be a Home theater guy. but lately realized that i am more of a music guy then movies.
now because of that i bought amps, turntables, etc
i was also planning to change my avr as it did not have hdmi but now i realised that i am totally ok with it and dont want to upgrade as well
so be your best judge as to what you want from your system.
you will also come across the forum wherein people will tell you very clearly that you cannot have one setup for both music and movies, unless you dont mind mixed sounds coming in.
so judge what you want the best

Back