Hello from Pune! New setup help plz

I currently have the same Marantz model in my study due to its low profile. Till such time your speakers are quite sensitive, >89dB, they should be easily driven.

I currently have the same Marantz model in my study due to its low profile. Till such time your speakers are quite sensitive, >89dB, they should be easily driven.

Sorry Sir, I don't understand... should I choose Denon over Marantz?

Hello @marsilians

I did audition both of them with Polk speakers. To many non expereinced ears they both sound extremely good. But that dealer told me NR series has low power output so won't be able to play FS and marantz was 50k (NR1508) while denon was 36k (540bt).

But I am getting great deal on marantz(34k) on hifimart so want to know from experience is the deal worth. (wifi is definitely added advantage)

I have used a variety of NR series before moving to the SR series....it is more than capable to driver Floor Standing speakers.....our own FM in Bengaluru used to run Dali Zensor Floor standers on his NR1606......

There are more better refined tweaks in the Marantz when compared to the Denon......you should read first hand feedback and comments in the Owner threads available on this forum which will guide you further......

If your speakers have high SPL 89db or better....you cant go wrong......

Between the Bostons and Wharfedale....both will blend well with the Marantz...see which of these brands has higher SPL and also better delivery of frequencies between 20hz and 20khz

Yay! that's what I wanted to here.

So, I am going to buy Marantz 1508 from hifimart. I don't think there is any difference between 1508 and 1509. After looking into many sites, I am sure 1508 at 34k is a great deal.

Hi

One of our FMs ordered the 1508 and he was shipped the 1509....Hifimart.....you may get lucky too...check

Yes 34k is a great deal indeed.......along with warranty!

Most of the budget subs have frequency around 35hz to 150hz :(

What is difference between denon 250BT and 540BT (as both are around same price of 35k).

Dude, I got the Denon Avr x250bt for 26k and the difference is you get a USB port for lossless music playback, audyssey (auto speaker calibration,which we can do manually) and extra sub pre out that's it.

Last edited:
Following are the additional features I could see based on Denon website on 550BT (compared to 250BT)
1. Calibration Mic and Calibration capability
2. Option for second subwoofer (250BT got only one subwoofer output)
3. Front Panel USB port
4. Support for Denon AVR Remote App
5. HDMI CEC / HDMI Control - which can be used to control some functions of AVR from TV Remote

Bro, even Denon x250bt support HDMI cec right?? I guess, Every avr which support hdmi arc has this function. Correct me, if iam wrong. Btw, you forgot to mention Dolby vision support in 550bt

Last edited:
Yay! that's what I wanted to here.

So, I am going to buy Marantz 1508 from hifimart. I don't think there is any difference between 1508 and 1509. After looking into many sites, I am sure 1508 at 34k is a great deal.
Hi have you ordered 1508? What are the matching speakers you are going to order? Please let me know. Me also planning 1508 with taga 806f towers. please let me know Is this combination good for both movies and music? Thanks in advance

Overall, Marantz blends well with most speaker brands....its more about placement of speakers, its setup configuration and ofcourse the source (playback content)

Dude, I got the Denon Avr x250bt for 26k and the difference is you get a USB port for lossless music playback, audyssey (auto speaker calibration,which we can do manually) and extra sub pre out that's it.

For FLAC Music playback, I can use HDMI from my laptop and bitstream it to AVR, can't it??

Anyway, I am going with Marantz now and hopefully will buy BA a23 (A26 will be too big and I want to add a sub soon)

@efernand1: Marantz NR1508 + BA a23 + taga 12inch sub? good enough for music? (rock, pop etc)

For FLAC Music playback, I can use HDMI from my laptop and bitstream it to AVR, can't it??

Anyway, I am going with Marantz now and hopefully will buy BA a23 (A26 will be too big and I want to add a sub soon)

@efernand1: Marantz NR1508 + BA a23 + taga 12inch sub? good enough for music? (rock, pop etc)

Yes....good enough for music.....

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back