Hello from Pune! New setup help plz

Hi

If you are into music first then would suggest you go for Yamaha or Marantz AVR.....else the Denon would be fine

Bostons are good....the Polk T15 is quite decent too.....

I am into music as well so shall I go for Polk S15 / BA A25 as Fronts or will T15 be okay?

Whichever brand you like (or) have preference to (or) get a better deal, at-least choose the BS & center from it.. Better, if all 5 speakers are from the same brand..

Hello All

This is my first post.

I am going to setup a HT and I read a lot of posts from this forum. My budget is quite limited so I wanna use it smartly (max 50k).

I have a couple of questions that I am sure I'll find a answer to

1. Which is better budget receiver with good speakers or vice versa

2. Should I go for smart receivers (wifi etc) or buy a andriod box.

I was thinking to go with polk TL1600 and a budget receiver like pioneer 531 or yamaha 3067.
Other option marantz 1508 with yamaha 5,1 speaker package (expensive reciever n cheap speakers)

Also, please let me know a decent android box, my primary use is youtube, prime and 1tb HDD for movies.

Room size: 9*13 (tv on 13feet wall, 43inch lg FHD)
I live in an apartment so clarity is more important than high sound.
Go for surround setup only if you can properly place your surround speakers. Otherwise its better going with a 2 channel setup.
Two channel setup will sound WAY better than any 5 channel setup.
I suggest this As you demand quality from your system.

What you thought and what I suggested will be poles apart in sound quality.

Good luck.

Hello @elangoas : I heard only Polk TL1600 package with denon 250BT and it sounded good. Salesperson told me Boston's are not easily available but he can get them for me. He don't deal in Taga and I am still looking for place in pune where I can audition Taga. Other than this I heard Yamaha 2910 in reliance but qualitywise I found polk far better than yamaha's package.

For matching setup can I settle for: polk T15(front) | Polk T30(centre) | polk T15(surrounds) | Taga SW90/Yamaha SW315??

Hi @prateekatasniya : 2 channel setup.. do you mean stereo amp instead of AVR?? or 2 speakers with AVR?? Can you please suggest a combo around 50k!!

Thank you @elangoas!!

I have one completely different question, I tried to search in the forum but couldn't find a proper answer....

I have Swans 2.0 setup which I am currently using for music and after buying 5.1 setup I'll send the swans to my brother. But he wants a 2.1 setup as these speakers don't have enough bass for movies.
Is there a way to connect an active subwoofer (like yamaha or polk) to the active speakers?? Otherwise I need to buy him logitech z623 (and they don't sound good)
@efernand1

I have one completely different question, I tried to search in the forum but couldn't find a proper answer....

I have Swans 2.0 setup which I am currently using for music and after buying 5.1 setup I'll send the swans to my brother. But he wants a 2.1 setup as these speakers don't have enough bass for movies.
Is there a way to connect an active subwoofer (like yamaha or polk) to the active speakers?? Otherwise I need to buy him logitech z623 (and they don't sound good)

What is the swans model #.. We can check compatibility..

I think you can use a Y connecter and connect one aux cable to your active speakers and other to your active sub.
Ofcourse you need to match the bass and speaker volume so that the sub don't overwhelm

Not really....

It depends also if you are using a proper Y cable and not some light cable......dont be brand conscious...as long as it is proper and works well...

the 2.1 is meant to deliver a certain output and frequency.....above FMs have suggested some tweaks / ideas where you can possibly get more bass....one thing is for sure...it will sound better than the TV.....also it depends on the source (channel types) which can give good or bad SQ....

For 50K budget, I would start with quality 2.0 or 3.0 system with an AVR and then start to build remainder of 5.1 with sub followed by surrounds. This should keep you satisfied without spreading too thin on a 5.1. Lots of bookshelf speaker options on aHF mart.

Don’t do HTiB or sound bar unless you want absolute convenience

Hello @marsilians

Yes thats the plan now... I was going for Denon x540bt with boston a26 but now I can see that marantz 1508 is back in stock for 34k on hifimart!

On comparision I think marantz is better then denon in terms of features (wifi etc) but power rating is 50rms/chnl while denon is 90w.

also, confused between boston a26 vs warfedale 220

Hello @marsilians

Yes thats the plan now... I was going for Denon x540bt with boston a26 but now I can see that marantz 1508 is back in stock for 34k on hifimart!

On comparision I think marantz is better then denon in terms of features (wifi etc) but power rating is 50rms/chnl while denon is 90w.

also, confused between boston a26 vs warfedale 220
Marantz and Denon are manufactured in the same facility. Marantz is tuned more musical relatively speaking however Denon is no slouch either. If you are able to audition then nothing better than that. Otherwise either would be a good choice.

Hello @marsilians

I did audition both of them with Polk speakers. To many non expereinced ears they both sound extremely good. But that dealer told me NR series has low power output so won't be able to play FS and marantz was 50k (NR1508) while denon was 36k (540bt).

But I am getting great deal on marantz(34k) on hifimart so want to know from experience is the deal worth. (wifi is definitely added advantage)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back