Hello from the US (from an ex-Calcuttan)

rajivdallas

Hello all,

I came across this forum accidentally and was very pleasantly surprised to find such a forum for folks in India. I grew up in India in the 80's and while we used to be heavily into music and read our share of "Stereo Review" magazines..we hardly had access to any real audiophile quality equipment. There were the pockets of folks (uncles of friends etc.) who had that solitary Nakamichi deck but generally it was hard to come by anything high end except in pictures. When I got here to the US it was like a kid in a candy store (except I couldn't afford half the stuff I wanted - still trying after all these years)

Would love to hook up with like minded folks on here esp. from Kolkata who share the same passion in music and audio gear. Very curious to know how the scene has changed back home in terms of availability and access...

Aw'right...'nuff rambling...would love to hear from folks.

Rajiv
(in Dallas, Texas USA)

Very curious to know how the scene has changed back home in terms of availability and access...

The 'scene' has certainly changed dramatically. Name the most expensive product you can dream of, and it is available in India. Though most of the members here may be in the budgetary range, I routinely come across people who will set up a HT for 25 lakhs, as well as people who will not hesitate to spend 4 or 5 lakhs for a stereo system. Product such as dCs Puccini, Meridian, Primare, and other exotic products are common here.

Cheers.

Last edited:
welcome rajiv. availability has changed dramatically and it's possible to get a good number of exotic brands and equipment here. Price is still a problem as very few brands are available for prices comparable to their prices in the US/UK/Eur. Of course, that makes the few that are available for those kind of prices, even better value.

Hello I am from Calcutta......Welcome to HFV.....now almost all brands are available in Calcutta itself ....but hard to find demos before buying and most dealers are into making some quick money by extracting the most a customer can afford.........
Since you are in USA ...prices are much less than what we have to pay here......so buy as much as possible and be sure that you are paying much less......:cool:)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back