Hello,good evening to all here on the foru.My friend sunil chavan has

k_shripad

Hello,good evening to all here,& to my friend Sachin Chavan ji..!!!
I wd like to introduce my self in brief.I am a retired Executive Engineer from MSETCL,and have so many hobbies.
1]I am lover of old Music,Hindi,marathi songs.I have a lot of video & audio collection of old songs,1950 to 1975 golden era particularly.I do listen many radio stations like BBC,SLBC,VB,AIR.Japan Radio,Voice of America.I also run my web radio station named as' Shripad Radio' I am the whole sole for it.I run it 24*7*365 since 4 years.I hv world wide listeners on it.
2]I am a HAM too,I have HF,VHF,UHF equipments for International & local communications with hams.
3]I am fond of photography,videography too.
4]I love old days Test Cricket,have old photo album with me,which I have prepared in schllodays.I hv met many Test Players like Vishwanath,Chandrashekhar,Chandu Borde,Sir Richard Hadlee,New Zealand team,SAchin Tendulkar,Ravi Shastri,& all Indian team in 2009 in New Zealand.
5]I am a radio collector,& engineer too.I hv many working old radios plus latest radio sets with me.I exhibit them in exhibhition.I myself maintain them in good working condition.
Much to post here,but I think it's more than enough for the introducion.
Thanks all..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
@k_shripad, welcome to the forum! It was nice connecting with you today over the phone. Your passion for electronics, music and particularly radio is exemplary! Trust you’d enrich the forum with your knowledge and experience as well as benefit from the many like-minded experts and hobbyists here.

I wd like to introduce my self in brief.I am a retired Executive Engineer from MSETCL,and have so many hobbies.
1]I am lover of old Music,Hindi,marathi songs.I have a lot of video & audio collection of old songs,1950 to 1975 golden era particularly.I do listen many radio stations like BBC,SLBC,VB,AIR.Japan Radio,Voice of America.I also run my web radio station named as' Shripad Radio' I am the whole sole for it.I run it 24*7*365 since 4 years.I hv world wide listeners on it.
2]I am a HAM too,I have HF,VHF,UHF equipments for International & local communications with hams.
4]I love old days Test Cricket,have old photo album with me,which I have prepared in schllodays.I hv met many Test Players like Vishwanath,Chandrashekhar,Chandu Borde,Sir Richard Hadlee,New Zealand team,SAchin Tendulkar,Ravi Shastri,& all Indian team in 2009 in New Zealand.
5]I am a radio collector,& engineer too.I hv many working old radios plus latest radio sets with me.I exhibit them in exhibhition.I myself maintain them in good working condition.
Welcome to the forum Shripad Ji!!! Looking forward to see your gadgets

Hi
Sripadji
It is a coincidence that you have become a member here when we have a discourse on internet radio which is purely Indian. FM Sachin chavan has suggested sripad radio and you the man behind that radio station have become our friend. Welcome here. I am waiting for a detailed write up from your end about your journey.
Regards
Bhaskar

Welcome @k_shripad to HFV.
Nice to know about your passion on Radios. Quite admirable.
Few pics of your collection will be pretty great to start with.

Few questions.
Which of them ARE your favourite? And how does the Vintage Valve radios fare in current hifi scenario(Which has moved towards digital and streaming) ? Which of the reasonably well maintained Vintage Tuners are still a great buy from Resolution and Tonality wise?

Hi
Sripadji
It is a coincidence that you have become a member here when we have a discourse on internet radio which is purely Indian. FM Sachin chavan has suggested sripad radio and you the man behind that radio station have become our friend. Welcome here. I am waiting for a detailed write up from your end about your journey.
Regards
Bhaskar
THank you so much,ya sure,I will put the details here.!!!
@k_shripad, welcome to the forum! It was nice connecting with you today over the phone. Your passion for electronics, music and particularly radio is exemplary! Trust you’d enrich the forum with your knowledge and experience as well as benefit from the many like-minded experts and hobbyists here.
Thank you so much..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

welcome Mr Sripad. Which part of Pune You located? Would love to see old radios

Yes,sure chavan ji..nice talking to you yesterday evening.!!! I am getting many likes,& messages here..Thanks a lot.!!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back