Hello guys

thatmusicguy

Happy to be a part of AV enthusiasts group
Myself, basically a doctor, but a hard core AV addict. Planning to build a home theater at my new home which is being constructed. Your valuable inputs will help me.

Hello and welcome to the forum!
Thank you for joining and good luck with your Home Theater build.

Regards

Very happy to welcome you Dr.
Advance congratulations for your new inmates gonna decorate your AV podium in your new home.

Basically prefer Indian melodies new and old, Indian classical music, little bit of western classics, and Hollywood action movies
I’m planning to have a 11.2.4 HT setup with AV Seperates, Front stage should also suit of stereo music listening

Please share your music preferences and gear for valuable suggestions

Last edited:
Basically prefer Indian melodies new and old, Indian classical music, little bit of western classics, and Hollywood action movies
I’m planning to have a 11.2.4 HT setup with AV Seperates, Front stage should also suit of stereo music listening
People would be able to suggest if you can provide some more information like budget, room dimensions etc.

Happy to be a part of AV enthusiasts group
Myself, basically a doctor, but a hard core AV addict. Planning to build a home theater at my new home which is being constructed. Your valuable inputs will help me.

Welcome to the Forum doc... we have many doctors on here who are also hardcore AV enthusiast.

This is the right stage for seeking advice on any additions and deletions... can you share more details of the room, configuration, budget you intend to spend?

Thanks to all for the encouragement
My room of size 13x24 feet My budget would be around 15L
I have short listed a few items.

I give maximum priority to audio which obviously includes acoustic treatment, then video and least to room aesthetics

Processor- Marantz av 7705
Amps- Emotiva XPA3 for the front stage and two of Emotiva’s Basx 5 for surrounds and the heights
Speakers
Option 1 Revel f 36 x 3 for LCR. + their 2 way inwalls for the rests
How about Polk rti a9 when compared to F 36
I have auditioned revel f36 and also quadral platinum M5 which is actually a discontinued product. Both are absolutely amazing speakers.
Do you guys have any other recommendations.
Video
Epson 9400 with AT screen
Acoustics
I have listened to audio experts in the internet like Audioholics and read a book by Dr Floyd Toole who say not to over treat your room to the level of an anechoic chamber. All of the home theatre installers around here tend to stuff the entire room with absorbers. What would be your suggestion?
Please share your thoughts

Thanks to all for the encouragement
My room of size 13x24 feet My budget would be around 15L
I have short listed a few items.

I give maximum priority to audio which obviously includes acoustic treatment, then video and least to room aesthetics

Processor- Marantz av 7705
Amps- Emotiva XPA3 for the front stage and two of Emotiva’s Basx 5 for surrounds and the heights
Speakers
Option 1 Revel f 36 x 3 for LCR. + their 2 way inwalls for the rests
How about Polk rti a9 when compared to F 36
I have auditioned revel f36 and also quadral platinum M5 which is actually a discontinued product. Both are absolutely amazing speakers.
Do you guys have any other recommendations.
Video
Epson 9400 with AT screen
Acoustics
I have listened to audio experts in the internet like Audioholics and read a book by Dr Floyd Toole who say not to over treat your room to the level of an anechoic chamber. All of the home theatre installers around here tend to stuff the entire room with absorbers. What would be your suggestion?
Please share your thoughts

Yeah.. reverberation should be targeted in range of 0.4 to make the room sound lively and real.

REVEL f36 are phenomenal..( my favourite floor standers)
However you will lose 3db because of the AT screen.

And to get reference levels at listening position will be a problem. ( Getting that dynamic cinema might be a issue)

Hi guys,please help..
The setup that I mentioned above with three revel f36s as the front stage seems impossible as revel doesn't sell individual pieces of f36. I need identical speakers as LCR. Adding their corresponding center channel c25 /c205 is too small for the setup, as pointed out by the dealer himself. So what is left is to add c208 costing more than 2L is way too much. What if I go with rebel in wall w893 ? Will it match with the f36s? If I want to switch to another brand, What would you guys suggest which sounds similar to revel in this price point?
Thank you

Back