Hello! I am a new member and need your help. Soon.

imenjay

Hi!

I m Narendra, and I m so happy that I luckily stumbled upon this lovely and informative community of Audio Video lovers.

I m ignorant about the technical aspects of AV and after spending some time on your site, I have realised that I don't anything at all.

In the past I have had entry level Onkyo and Harmon Kardon, which I just bought at the recommendation of the Sales Person but, I was never thrilled by the output. Unfortunately, I will not be able to describe what I didn't like, but all I can say is that the overall experience was not so great.

Now, I want to buy a mid level 5.1 (cabling already in place) home theatre system, and I am thoroughly confused... Went for demos to Bose and 1 more AV shop, but was not convinced or happy at what was being offered in my budget. I need it mostly to watch movies and occasionally for music (party and dance type). My budget is 1 lac and I can stretch it max to 1.5 lac.

Would appreciate if I could get some help from this lovely community of experts in choosing the best system within my budget.

I am open to mix and match solutions too, provided they all are available in Mumbai.

Regards.

Request you all to suggest so

bose is not a place you begin if you are looking for a decent system.

1.5 lacs is a very good budget, since you like to watch movies a lot, i would advise you can try the combo of Polk(RTi Series) + Denon X2000.

There are many worthy combinations, i would advise go to dedicated HT shops and not to malls and run of mill shops, since you are in Mumbai, make sure to start with proFX

Thanks AtheK. Will find the ProFX outlet and visit them. Would appreciate if you could enlighten me as to what does "dedicated HT shops" mean and where are they located.

Thanks again.

Thanks AtheK. Will find the ProFX outlet and visit them. Would appreciate if you could enlighten me as to what does "dedicated HT shops" mean and where are they located.

Thanks again.

Hi imenjay,
Dedicated HT shop means the shop which are totally in to av solutions dedicated to 2 or max 3 brands.And have a experty to install and installed HT /av setup sorry Athek correct me if I am wrong.like Boomerang, Den,sharper image, Avenue sound etc.
You can try with Dali zensor 5 with Denon.

Hi imenjay,
Dedicated HT shop means the shop which are totally in to av solutions dedicated to 2 or max 3 brands.And have a experty to install and installed HT /av setup sorry Athek correct me if I am wrong.like Boomerang, Den,sharper image, Avenue sound etc.
You can try with Dali zensor 5 with Denon.
You are right Poppy, exactly what i meant.

Narendra, don't go to places like Reliance digital or croma for your HT needs, ProFX, Onkyo showrooms, and some other as listed by Poppy are good places to buy this kind of stuff. They will have dedicated listening rooms and you can get a good feel of how the system will eventuallys ound when you buy it.

If you were in bangalore i could have told you few good places, but not too sure about mumbai, maybe a fellow mumbai member can help. Till now visit proFX and Onkyo SIght and sound outlets.

If you want to audition jamo and klipsch you can visit cinebels bandra they have each and every model available for audition. otherwise sound out @ hajiali and fairdeal @ crawford market have other brands . Other outlets has been already suggested by FM

Thank you all for your valuable inputs. A friend who's knowledgeable on this subject, recommended Warehouse Direct, Bhandup, Mumbai. They had a vast range of AVRs and speakers in their demo room and after listening to all, I chose Denon X2000 and paired it with Klipsch RF62. It was way over my budget, but I am pleased with my purchase.

Thanks Again.

Thank you all for your valuable inputs. A friend who's knowledgeable on this subject, recommended Warehouse Direct, Bhandup, Mumbai. They had a vast range of AVRs and speakers in their demo room and after listening to all, I chose Denon X2000 and paired it with Klipsch RF62. It was way over my budget, but I am pleased with my purchase.

Thanks Again.

Congrats and lucky how was your experience .:)

Thanks Poppy!
I m still exploring the possibilities...
But saw a couple of movies and the experience was incredible.

As I explore more and understand the potential of this system, will definitely share my experience and views (of a novice, of course).

Request you all to pl suggest some good movies and music, to fully enjoy this system.

Thanks.

Narendra

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back