Hello! - The soulforged will come into light...

soulforged

Though I am a new member here, I think I made a rather abrupt entrance into some of the discussions so let me make amends by introducing myself.

I am Soulforged (taken from a Blind Guardian song) aka Narendra. I am familiar with a few users here from another hi-fi site we visit. I am more of a 2-channel guy with a modest setup -
Denon DCD-755AR CDP
NAD 320BEE
Kef Code 90 spkrs
Technics tape deck
Pro-ject Debut III TT w/ Phone Box SE
Connected with QED Quinex I IC and QED silver anniversary cables

My musical taste is primarily progressive rock. Bands like King Crimson, Camel, ELP, Gentle Giant, Porcupine Tree, Shadow Gallery and the likes. I am also into some Jazz these days (your audio systme DOES change your musical preferences) and occasionally enjoy a few film songs from yesteryears.

Hope to have a mutually beneficial association with you all...

:cheers:
Soulforged

Thanks guys!

Particleman, I almost feel I grew up looking at that profile gif of yours (as also the office space one u used to have) :D

Hi soulforged,

welcome aboard!

Swami Vivekananda was called Narendra too!.:)

but - the process for soulforging (from Wraith - The Oblivion)

The raw materials for soulforging can be anything made out of plasm. This includes wraiths, Spectres and Plasmics. Presumably Stygian horses as well, however nobody has ever dared to do so.

Given that soulforging is tantamount to a death sentence, there is a definite hierarchy of preference in what wraiths are used to manufacture raw materials. As a rule, wraiths prefer to use Drones, since they aren't sentient anyway; soulforging is rationalized by Stygia is a preventative measure, so Stygian wraiths generally prefer to soulforge those wraiths who were "heading for Oblivion anyway". Spectres are considered fair game for soulforging, as are plasmics.

Stygia also regularly soulforges criminals. Harrowings mean that anything that would generally be considered a death sentence would feed oblivion, so by soulforging offenders, the Hierarchy shores up its defenses.

Theoretically, a piece of a wraith can be soulforged. The tithe of the dead used this approach, and artificers are initiated by soulforging a part of themselves. However, this damage is apparently permanent and not a viable technique for producing mass materials.

PRETTY BIZARRE !:eek:

Hi Suri, are you a hard core gamer and an Artificer by any chance? ;)

However, this damage is apparently permanent and not a viable technique for producing mass materials.

PRETTY BIZARRE !:eek:

Pretty bizarre...yes! but isn't that what happens to all of us when the hi-fi bug bites??? ;)

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back